Used Equipment Manager - Corporate
Used Equipment Manager – Corporate – Fargo, ND
Are you looking to make impactful change within an established organization? Do you have the ability to execute through others with a passion for developing and executing creative deals? Butler Machinery is currently hiring a Used equipment manager covering heavy construction equipment. This position is responsible for Butler Machinery’s ongoing Used equipment strategy and execution. Through support of our customers and teams, this role will lead a team of used equipment professionals to deliver superior request in the heavy equipment space. Based out of Fargo, this role will have the opportunity to grow professional with a 65 – year strong premier equipment dealer.
• Leads and support the development and execution of Butler Machinery’s used equipment strategy by living and promoting the Mission and Values of Butler Machinery.
• Promotes the Used team’s active participation in the new retail business via creative approaches to support requests from the field-based sales team.
• Leads the team of used equipment professionals in supporting Butler Machinery’s internal partners by providing accurate, timely, and market-based used equipment evaluations for use trade and residual setting applications. Including, but not limited to: Sales, Rental, and Finance.
• Responsible for the oversight of all used heavy equipment in Butler Machinery’s inventory as measured by inventory turns.
• Defines the used equipment inventory requirements to support store and customer needs.
• Implements sales programs on used construction inventory.
• Establishes direction and owns the sales strategy for out of territory acquisitions and sales.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with key equipment trading partners.
• Coordinates with Marketing on strategy of promoting used assets
• Responsible for the profit or loss of the used equipment department
• Regular travel to our stores to maintain strong relations with field-based management staff and sales teams.
• Champions and supports the dealership’s safety culture.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Champions the development of used equipment associates.
• Utilizes system-based controls and performance measurements to ensure required throughput is achieved.
• Oversees two used equipment support specialists.
• Organizes, communicates, and delegates responsibilities and priorities to subordinates to ensure the successful operation of the department.
• Provides regular and timely feedback that recognizes employee performance, motivating employees and promoting self-development.
• Communicates with and coaches’ employees on assignments, providing technical expertise as needed.
• A Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or equivalent combination of business experience, training and/or education required.
• Experience in equipment rental or sales preferred.
• Experience in equipment evaluation preferred.
• Proficiency in mechanical aptitude preferred.
• Must have and maintain a driving record (MVR) which meets the company’s standards.
• Proficiency with CRM, and data visualization systems.
As a family business for three generations, we currently employ over 800 associates in 18 locations throughout North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska. We are looking for self-motivated, forward-thinking individuals to join us in our continued success. If you desire to grow a career with our team, here are some things we offer in our full benefits package:
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Company paid life insurance
• Paid holidays
• Maternity Benefit
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• 401(K) Plan
• Profit Sharing Plan/Vocational Pension Plan