Construction Superintendent II
At Marcus Construction, our employees drive the success of our business. Our team effort is what makes us successful and together, we focus on excellence, safety, quality and improvement. We believe that to be the best, it’s crucial we work together to find the best solutions, to deliver the highest value and service to our clients with a sense of safety and urgency. We hold each other accountable for the quality of our work and the results we achieve. We believe in treating each other and our customers with respect and we believe in building long-term, strategic relationships with our customers. We believe in taking care of our assets especially our most important one – our employees. We encourage our employees to take initiative and be a difference maker not only at work but also in our community.
Marcus Construction believes in recognizing our talented and dedicated employees who go above and beyond our expectations to serve our customers, solve problems and continually improve our business. Our total rewards program includes:
- Group Medical Plans
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Savings Account
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- 401k with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Service Awards
- Team Building Events
The Construction Superintendent position will supervise construction projects, perform daily inspections of work performed and act as liaison and coordinator between contractors. S/he will manage job safety and quality of jobs, and ensure that all quality assurance and safety standards are being met; monitor and adhere to established budgetary guidelines for job, and ensure that cost control measures are being followed. Manage job schedule and coordinate work with contractors and deliveries with suppliers and ensure inspections are scheduled appropriately.
- Minimum of 5 years in the commercial/industrial or agriculture construction industry with a proven ability to manage projects and identify key issues in moderately complex situations.
- Experience utilizing industry relevant software - Primavera P6 and Procore preferred.
- Willing to travel throughout the US and Canada required
- Demonstrated ability to
- understand project scheduling and cost control
- read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings
- meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done
- work independently as well as part of a team
- effectively communicate with team members, owners, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- OSHA 30 and SWPPP certification preferred
Physical Demands/Working Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Construction Superintendent position to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds, balance, bend stoop or kneel, climb, push/pull, and squat, crouch or crawl. Frequent exposure to marked changes in temperature or humidity and the extremes thereof and moderate noise levels.
Successful completion of a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and background check required.