Technical Writer/Document Control Specialist
The Technical Writer analyzes the requirements of a publication project to determine the appropriate information to be used and transforms complex processes and technical concepts into clear and concise documentation; output to a variety of media. Will be generating Electronic Parts Catalogs/Documents, Service Manuals and Technical Service Bulletins as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research, validate, enhance or create the information necessary to generate accurate, timely, user-appropriate technical publications; examples of the most common publications in this role are Owners Manuals, Service Manuals, Technical Service Bulletins, Electronic Parts Catalogs, general dealer technical web alerts and notices.
- Physically disassemble and assemble current and future products to document complex service procedures, and verify technical processes
- Develop supporting graphics from 3D CAD models. Utilize photos when CAD is not available.
- Manage the documentation and image files in a Content Management System (CMS), Web based storage system for easy accessibility.
- Develop strong working relationships with product engineering, manufacturing, and internal and external service personnel to obtain or develop product specifications, service procedures, trouble-shooting procedures, and to verify accuracy of publications and BOM lists.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the technical publication field.
- Possesses excellent writing skills and grammatical ability
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects with strong attention to detail and adhering to deadlines
- Ability to work semi-independently while taking direction/advice from the manager, supervisor and senior team members.
- Ability to collaborate with project managers and members of the engineering staff to produce accurate content
- Initiates information gathering from needed internal and external resources and works effectively in cross-functional teams
- Must be a tenacious, yet professional individual, who can work quickly while maintaining thoroughness and attention to detail and product quality.
- Ability to appreciate and maintain the highest level of customer service through relationship building and meeting commitments
- Embraces new ideas, tools and team direction to help the company and team move toward excellence and innovation.
- Hands-on mechanical ability
- Associates degree preferred but not necessary.
- Boat product knowledge and usage
- Experience with the following software: Adobe Acrobat Standard, Adobe illustrator, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Visio, Solidworks Composer, Teamcenter
- Standard office and shop environment – fast-paced (some hands-on technical work)
About the Company:
Based in New York Mills, MN - Lund Boats has been manufacturing high quality aluminum and fiberglass fishing boats since 1948. Lund Boats are built by people who love to fish and take pride in engineering and building the most innovative and durable fishing boat on the market. Whether you're a part-time weekend angler or a serious tournament pro or guide, Lund prides itself on delivering the Ultimate Fishing Experience!
Also located in New York Mills, MN, Crestliner celebrates 65 years in business and traces its origins to the Aluminum Boat Company that came to life within the walls of an airplane hanger back in 1946. Several transitions later, the company became known as Crestliner, and in 1991 the rivet-free UniWeld welded hull was a true revolution in aluminum boats. Crestliner continues to lead in innovations and setting new standards. Learn more about Crestliner and its line of boats by visiting www.Crestliner.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and protected veteran status.
Brunswick Corporation and all subsidiaries are deeply dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Brunswick loves Veterans! All Veterans and Reservists are encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. (Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans).
We are the people behind life’s passions.
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled