Finisher (Night Shift)
Perform installation of various components in Lund and Crestliner boats while working in a large manufacturing facility. A variety of installation tasks are performed building the front, middle and back of each boat using power and non-power hand tools while working from specifications and schematic drawings.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Apply high energy, self motivation and initiative to learn and be trained on various types of equipment and processes.
- Must be able to read drawings and specifications
- Utilize pneumatic drill and drivers to install bow platform, livewell, seat hardware, fuel lines, navigational lights and wiring harnesses
- Transfer fuel tank to interior of boat, secure to bulkheads and install fuel lines, control cables, steering mechanism
- Utilize pneumatic drill and drivers to install console, windshield, operating controls, wiring harnesses, seat hardware and accessories
- Utilize pneumatic drill and drivers to install control cables, steering mechanisms, seat hardware, fuel lines, bilge pumps, navigational lights and wiring harnesses.
- Complete required documentation of finished boats for production purposes
- Trimming and Cutting of carpet/vinyl and gluing
- Prepare boat as needed for next department
- Move boats or parts out of work area to rigging area on carts.
- Daily job duties will be varied and dynamic.
- Workload will be tracked via daily schedules and assignments requiring responsibility and accountability for quality and timeliness of completion.
- Compliance to safety policies and procedures is required, as well as identifying risks and hazards prior to job completion.
- Practice good housekeeping.
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three months’ experience in a manufacturing setting preferred, but willing to train.
- Knowledge of drills, drivers, rivet guns, saws, sanders and hammers.
- Ability in basic math, reading and be able to read a tape measure
- Ability to follow established safety process to handle equipment to install all components for boats.
- Detailed and organized.
- Good safety awareness, attitude, and attendance. Self-starter and a team player.
- Computer skills preferred.
- Knowledge of 5S, Kaizen and LSS a plus.
Work Environment and Physical requirements:
- Regularly required to work at heights on platforms, lifting parts and pieces up to 50 lbs, traveling up and down stairs on a constant basis, sitting, squatting and bending in various awkward positions for certain lengths of time - including working overhead, traveling in and out of work areas, walking and being on your feet for a majority of the work day. Exposed to noise, dust, fumes and odors on a daily basis. Physical exertion is required. Requires standing, bending and twisting for a 10-hour shift. May be required to work in a non-air conditioned area. Vision protection, and steel-toed shoes are required. Hearing protection may be required.
About the Company:
Based in New York Mills, MN - Lund Boats has been manufacturing high quality aluminum and fiberglass fishing boats since 1948. Lund Boats are built by people who love to fish and take pride in engineering and building the most innovative and durable fishing boat on the market. Whether you're a part-time weekend angler or a serious tournament pro or guide, Lund prides itself on delivering the Ultimate Fishing Experience!
Also located in New York Mills, MN, Crestliner celebrates 65 years in business and traces its origins to the Aluminum Boat Company that came to life within the walls of an airplane hanger back in 1946. Several transitions later, the company became known as Crestliner, and in 1991 the rivet-free UniWeld welded hull was a true revolution in aluminum boats. Crestliner continues to lead in innovations and setting new standards. Learn more about Crestliner and its line of boats by visiting www.Crestliner.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and protected veteran status.
Brunswick Corporation and all subsidiaries are deeply dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Brunswick loves Veterans! All Veterans and Reservists are encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. (Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans).
We are the people behind life’s passions.
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled