Welder in Training
Perform MIG and TIG welding in the manufacturing of Crestliner and Lund boats, to include prep work, parts and repair.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform MIG and TIG welding of aluminum boats (hulls, bottoms, parts) according to drawings and specifications.
- Complete required documentation of welded boats for production purposes.
- Sand boats as needed.
- Move boats and/or parts to paint carts or overhead hanger system.
- Responsible for compliance to safety policies and procedures, as well as identifying risks and hazards prior to job completion.
- Work with team and other departments to ensure quality products and follow documented work instructions.
- Ability to locate and use the HazCom labels and MSDS information
- Work overtime as needed to complete daily tasks or projects
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Welding Certification from accredited college not required but preferred.
- Basic computer, math, reading and measurement proficiency.
- Must be able to read drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of 5S, Kaizen and LSS preferred.
- Ability to follow established safety processes to handle chemicals and equipment to weld aluminum.
- Detailed and organized.
- Self starter, team player with a good safety awareness.
Work Environment and Physical requirements:
- Regularly required to work at heights on platforms, lifting parts and pieces up to 50 lbs, traveling up and down stairs on a constant basis, sitting, squatting and bending in various awkward positions for certain lengths of time - including working overhead, traveling in and out of work areas, walking and being on your feet for a majority of the work day. Exposed to noise, dust, fumes and odors on a daily basis. Physical exertion is required. Requires standing, bending and twisting for a 10-hour shift. May be required to work in a non-air conditioned area. Vision protection, and steel-toed shoes are required. Hearing protection may be required.
About the Company:
Based in New York Mills, MN - Lund Boats has been manufacturing high quality aluminum and fiberglass fishing boats since 1948. Lund Boats are built by people who love to fish and take pride in engineering and building the most innovative and durable fishing boat on the market. Whether you're a part-time weekend angler or a serious tournament pro or guide, Lund prides itself on delivering the Ultimate Fishing Experience!
Also located in New York Mills, MN, Crestliner celebrates 65 years in business and traces its origins to the Aluminum Boat Company that came to life within the walls of an airplane hanger back in 1946. Several transitions later, the company became known as Crestliner, and in 1991 the rivet-free UniWeld welded hull was a true revolution in aluminum boats. Crestliner continues to lead in innovations and setting new standards. Learn more about Crestliner and its line of boats by visiting www.Crestliner.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and protected veteran status.
Brunswick Corporation and all subsidiaries are deeply dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Brunswick loves Veterans! All Veterans and Reservists are encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. (Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans).
We are the people behind life’s passions.
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled