Production Supervisor (1st shift)
Supervise night shift production employees in our Parts Fabrication area. Plans and assigns work meeting safety, quality and delivery goals. Recommend and execute improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions through listening, engaging employees and problem solving. Act as the company conduit for employee communications to keep employees abreast of news and information.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Schedule and coordinate departmental activities to meet schedule attainment, inventory requirements and deliver quality manufactured products.
- Ensure a positive approach to employee relations for all employees. Maintain effective lines of communication with employees, leads and peers. Resolve employee issues through established channels.
- Administer all policies and procedures as established fairly and consistently.
- Lead by example, coach, and mentor all employees.
- Monitor cost reductions, such as waste, scrap, damage and rework. Evaluate and monitor production flow to anticipate bottlenecks and disconnects that will affect output.
- Maintain time and attendance records.
- Identify issues, gather input from peers and employees and problem solve with recommendations and solutions
- Communicate to team leads and employees information about departmental, plant, company events, changes, activities, policies, news and updates
- Support and follow through Employee Opinion Survey action items
- Lead the activities of hiring, performance reviews, corrective actions, and scheduling of employees in area.
- Supervise the successful transition of new products, new technology, and new employees into the production area.
- Balances quality, productivity, safety, and morale to achieve positive results in production area. Works to continuously improve in all areas.
- Evaluate and act upon departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular reports to manager.
- Determine and procure tools and equipment as needed.
- Lead and support safety initiatives, policies, and procedures to ensure plant operations are safe and consistent with company and governmental standards and help reduce accidents and injuries.
- Other duties as assigned
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- Associates degree with concentration in manufacturing or equivalent experience, with a 4-year degree preferred.
- Supervisory or leadership training preferred
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, Outlook, inventory control applications.
- Minimum two years supervisory experience preferred in a manufacturing setting successfully supervising, leading and training employees
- Must have strong communication skills; ability to interact with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Employee development experience
- Knowledge of press brakes, routers, lasers, or turret punches preferred.
- Demonstrated project management skills; must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and adapt to changing situations
- Analytical ability is required to gather and summarize data to find solutions to various production problems and prioritize work.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications
About the Company:
Based in New York Mills, MN - Lund Boats has been manufacturing high quality aluminum and fiberglass fishing boats since 1948. Lund Boats are built by people who love to fish and take pride in engineering and building the most innovative and durable fishing boat on the market. Whether you're a part-time weekend angler or a serious tournament pro or guide, Lund prides itself on delivering the Ultimate Fishing Experience!
Crestliner traces its origins to the Aluminum Boat Company that came to life within the walls of an airplane hanger back in 1946. Several transitions later, the company became known as Crestliner, and in 1991 the rivet-free UniWeld welded hull was a true revolution in aluminum boats. Crestliner continues to lead in innovations and setting new standards. Learn more about Crestliner and its line of boats by visiting www.Crestliner.com.
Brunswick Corporation and all subsidiaries are deeply dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Brunswick loves Veterans! All Veterans and Reservists are encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. (Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans).