We are a boat building manufacturer in New York Mills, MN seeking a Maintenance Technician to perform preventive, routine, and troubleshooting maintenance in a large manufacturing facility. Maintenance tasks performed are in a variety of skilled trade areas (fabrication, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, tool and die repair, etc.).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Apply high energy, self motivation and initiative to learn and be trained on various types of equipment and maintenance techniques, to include resin and spray equipment, HVAC, plumbing, PLCs, VFDs, etc.
- Daily job duties will be varied and dynamic, requiring high levels of customer service and attention to detail.
- Workload will be tracked via daily schedules and assignments requiring responsibility and accountability for quality and timeliness of completion.
- Compliance to safety policies and procedures is required, as well as identifying risks and hazards prior to job completion.
- Requires high foot travel and working throughout the facility. Lifting overhead within prescribed safety limitations. Working at heights: ladders, rooftops, booms and lifts, work platforms, etc. Working outside in all possible weather conditions. Overall good physical condition and agility.
- Work hours: typically 4 days per week at 10 hours per day, 5:30am - 4:00pm daily, but times will be adjusted as demands require. Weekend work is scheduled according to workload and as repair needs dictate.
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- Two year technical degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 3-5 years facility maintenance experience preferred.
- Documented work experience in: CNC programming and diagnostics; HVAC; electrical and maintenance experience.
- Strong mechanical and electrical background and experience, with experience in electrical motor controls and ladder logic programming.
- Experience reading blueprints and schematics and building to specifications.
- Ability to fabricate and order materials for open work orders and jobs.
- Requires one to three years of substantive experience in one or more of the skilled trades areas (mechanical, electrical, fabrication) and high school diploma/GED.
- Will be required to be certified in fork lift and high lift (genie boom) operations and operate other equipment such as yard tractor, EPJ, articulating lift, pick-up.
- Requires ability to use a wide variety of hand tools, powered and manual.
- Ability to read measurement devices, including OHM/voltage meters, measuring tapes, calipers, various equipment gauges as required.
- Good safety awareness, attitude, and attendance. Self-starter and a team player.
- Computer skills preferred.
- Knowledge of 5S, Kaizen and LSS a plus.
- Physical requirements include: working at heights on booms, lifts and platforms, lifting parts and pieces up to 50 lbs, traveling up and down stairs on a constant basis, sitting, squatting and bending in various awkward positions for certain lengths of time - including working overhead, traveling in and out of work areas, walking and being on your feet for a majority of the work day, etc.
Regularly required to stand (90%), walk, climb, and bend during work day. Exposed to noise, dust, fumes and odors on a daily basis. Physical exertion is required.
About the Company:
Based in New York Mills, MN - Lund Boats has been manufacturing high quality aluminum and fiberglass fishing boats since 1948. Lund Boats are built by people who love to fish and take pride in engineering and building the most innovative and durable fishing boat on the market. Whether you're a part-time weekend angler or a serious tournament pro or guide, Lund prides itself on delivering the Ultimate Fishing Experience!
Also located in Otsego, MN, Crestliner celebrates 65 years in business and traces its origins to the Aluminum Boat Company that came to life within the walls of an airplane hanger back in 1946. Several transitions later, the company became known as Crestliner, and in 1991 the rivet-free UniWeld welded hull was a true revolution in aluminum boats. Crestliner continues to lead in innovations and setting new standards. Learn more about Crestliner and its line of boats by visiting www.Crestliner.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and protected veteran status.
Brunswick Corporation and all subsidiaries are deeply dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Brunswick loves Veterans! All Veterans and Reservists are encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. (Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans).