OUR CULTURE. YOUR CAREER.
Houston Engineering Inc.(HEI), is a full service civil engineering, surveying, environmental and technology solutions consulting firm with multiple locations throughout the Midwest. Having been in business since 1968, we have provided outstanding client service and effectively managed our business strategy resulting in sustained growth. Our commitment continues to be, meeting our client needs and providing an engaging atmosphere for our employees.
We are currently seeking an entry level Structural Engineer to join our team in Fargo, ND.
* Responsible for design and plan preparation for structures including bridges, lift stations, retaining walls, as well as non-typical structures including floodwalls, underground reservoirs, large pipes, culverts, and other civil structures.
* Coordinate with other engineering departments on complex multi-discipline projects.
* Analyze reports, maps, and other data to plan and design projects.
* Provide periodic onsite construction inspections and safety inspections of existing structures.
* Utilize structural engineering software to perform complex and simple structural engineering solutions
* Interface with CAD designers and subcontractors.
* Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with structural emphasis
* Experience or course work in the design of various civil structures.
* Knowledge of or ability to learn concrete, steel and masonry design codes, as well as local and national building codes required.
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
* Proficiency or ability to learn Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
* Strong technical, written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
* Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.
Benefits of Joining HEI
As part of our talented staff, you will enjoy competitive pay, annual bonuses, paid health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays, a generous 401(k) and profit sharing plan with potential company contributions totaling up to 15% of annual salary.
Click "apply" to apply online
Additionally, view our careers page to read about HEI being selected as one of the ENR top 500 design firms and as one of the PB 50 best places to work for several years in a row!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability