Agriculturist- Drayton, ND
Join a collaborative TEAM!
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our team as an Agriculturist. The purpose of this position is to provide agronomic expertise to growers in the production of a high quality beet crop and to increase the recoverable sugar per acre.
The principal accountabilities of this position include:
- Makes recommendations to assist growers in the production of a high quality beet crop and to increase recoverable sugar per acre while minimizing production costs.
- Maintains Grower Practice System to ensure appropriate information is available for decision making purposes.
- Maintains current knowledge of new research and technological changes to ensure growers receive up-to-date information on sugarbeets.
- Assists in the implementation of new technology in crop production.
- Assists growers with harvest equipment and improved harvest techniques to maximize sugar recovery per acre.
- Ensures Shareholder compliance of company policies and requirements.
- Provides supervision of employees at receiving stations and compliance with company policies during harvest.
- Ensures stock transfers are complete and forwards to the Treasury department for Board approval.
- Completion of a four year degree in Agronomy, Ag Economics or a related field.
- Two to three years of related experience.
- E ffective oral and written communications skills, supervisory skills, and the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with growers is essential.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- CCA certification is preferred.
An Equal Opportunity Employer