Factory Cost Accountant- Moorhead, MN
Join our Finance Team!
We are looking for a dedicated, detail oriented individual to join our team as a Factory Cost Accountant at our Moorhead, MN Factory. The purpose of this position is to provide accounting, budgeting, forecasting, auditing, and strategic planning functions to maximize shareholder returns.
The principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides local factory accounting and financial reporting activities, including the coordination of all activities relating to the operating budget preparation and responsibility reporting.
- Maintains accurate and relevant management reporting systems and cost analysis to contribute to the efficiency and productivity of all factory departments including Operations, Agriculture, Central Warehouse, Packaging/Warehouse and the Sugarbeet Quality Lab.
- Provides cost information and analysis as requested by Corporate and all factory departments for the purpose of facilitating management planning and decisions.
- Reviews and audits various activities of the factory, including finished product inventories, storeroom inventory and factory security to ensure adequate controls.
- Assures proper internal controls are in place at the factories by implementing sound business practices and maintaining compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field.
- Three to five years of related work experience
- Well developed human relations, and excellent communication skills are also required.
- Highest degree of honesty and integrity.
- The Factory Cost Accountant must understand the full scope of the organization (including factory operations, agriculture, and packaging/warehouse); its goals, customers, and shareholders to assure sound decision-making and appropriate risk taking.
An Equal Opportunity Employer