Sanford Health is one of the largest and fastest-growing not-for-profit health systems in the United States. We're proud to offer many development and advancement opportunities to our nearly 50,000 members of the Sanford Family who are dedicated to the work of health and healing across our broad footprint.
See yourself at Sanford!
Facility: Thief River Falls Medical Center
Location: Thief River Falls, MN
Address: 3001 Sanford Pkwy, Thief River Falls, MN 56701, USA
Job Schedule: Full time
Weekly Hours: 40.00
Evaluates, plans, instructs, and monitors athletic training programs to help athletes prevent damage, restore function, and reach maximum level of independence. Evaluating athletes’ sports related injuries, physical conditions, and needs; recommending a scientific care plan to include schedule, treatment programs, and related education based on their capabilities and limitations.
~50% of this position is working in a Cardiac Rehab Department with one Senior Cardiac Rehab Specialist. The remaining ~50% of the position is working with area middle school and High school athletes, coaches and staff Utilizing appropriate assistive devices to protect athletes from injury; Explaining and updating safety rules governing daily training, recreational activities, and the use of professional exercise equipment. Implementing and monitoring athletic training programs for rehabilitation and reconditioning according to athlete's diagnosis and real-time condition. Documenting and interpreting appropriate information gathered from a variety of sources, including the medical record, physician, and family. Utilize appropriate testing/evaluation techniques to assess injuries (including concussions). May perform concussion testing (neurocognitive, balance, vestibular/oculomotor).
Joining a dynamic staff of one Senior Exercise Physiologist and 3 athletic trainers in a growing program. Flexibility in scheduling. Wide variety of patient populations to work with.
· A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training.
· Licensure to practice as an Athletic Trainer in the state of MN.
· ~50% of this position is working in a Cardiac Rehab Department with one Senior Cardiac Rehab Specialist. The remaining ~50% of the position is working with area middle school and High school athletes, coaches and staff
· Interest in cardiovascular rehabilitation and secondary prevention and be willing to learn, or have experience in, prescribing exercise for patients with cardiovascular disease and other diseases/risk factors. Assistance provided to assist with training.
· Need to have basic knowledge in exercise physiology, nutrition, risk factor and behavioral modification as applied to cardiovascular rehab services.
· Obtain BLS prior to seeing patients.
· ACLS certifications within 1 year of hire and keep current. Successful completion of Sanford ECG interpretation courses completed within ~6 months
· Needs to be proficient in taking blood pressures.
· Be willing to learn, or have experience in, rhythm interpretation, exercise prescription, knowledge of exercise physiology, knowledge of cardiovascular diseases and surgeries, counseling techniques, risk factor modification.
Based on facility needs, driver's license may be required and must meet all medical guidelines for Sanford Health Category I or III drivers.
Sanford Health offers an attractive benefits package for qualifying full-time and part-time employees. Depending on eligibility, a variety of benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, sick leave and paid time off. To review your benefit eligibility, visit https://sanfordhealth.jobs/benefits .
Sanford is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application, please call 1-877-673-0854 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Sanford Health has a Drug Free Workplace Policy. An accepted offer will require a drug screen and pre-employment background screening as a condition of employment.
Job Function: Sports Medicine and Wellness
Req Number: R-35878