Resident Ag Field Service Technician - Seward/York, NE
Location: Applicant will work in and around the Seward or York areas, reporting to the Pickrell, Nebraska location.
Butler Ag Equipment is looking for a self-motivated, hardworking, ag-focused diesel service technician to join our growing service team throughout our three-state region. If you have a passion for agriculture equipment, enjoy working independently but still in a team environment, and are eager to continue learning and advancing throughout your career, you will be right at home with our team at Butler. The future success of our business is dependent upon continually developing the capabilities of individuals who believe in our company mission, demonstrate our values every day and are hungry to grow their careers.
Our ideal future teammates value great relationships with everyone in the company, are customer-driven, strive for excellence every day, have high levels of integrity and accountability and focus on safety in everything they do.
Learn more about becoming a Butler technician by visiting www.butlerag.com/techniciancareers/.
Full-Time Technician Pay Scale: $25.87/hr-$42.18/hr, DOE.
The position will involve, but not be limited to, the following duties:
- Perform fieldwork in outlying areas with possibility of overnight stays.
- Perform work out of a Field Service Truck.
- Available to handle emergency repair situations after hours, as needed.
- Ability to work Saturdays on short notice, or as workload dictates.
- Communicate effectively with customers, teammates and supervisor.
- Troubleshoot electrical systems, hydraulic systems and power trains efficiently and accurately.
- Perform all aspects of repair to the variety of ag equipment products we represent.
- Make decisions that are honest, fair and in the best interest of our customers, our company and our suppliers.
- Work with limited supervision.
- Demonstrate and promote Butler’s mission and values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two-year Associate Degree or equivalent training and experience preferred.
- Ability to perform some welding and knowledge of cutting torch.
- Individual must be self-motivated, organized, and self-sufficient
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to maintain a clean driving record.
- CDL licensing or the ability to obtain CDL is required only for field service.
- Proficient computer technology skills
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Ability to provide an excellent customer experience.
- Excellent time management.
- Ability to work in diverse and extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to meet and maintain insurability standards to drive a company vehicle.
- Ability to lift 70 lbs and be on feet majority of the day.
- Trade-specific tooling
- Must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
As a family business for three generations, we currently employ over 800 associates in 18 locations throughout North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska. If you desire to grow a career with our team, here are some things we offer in our full benefits package:
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Company paid life insurance
• Paid holidays
• Maternity Benefit
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• 401(K) Plan
• Profit Sharing Plan/Vocational Pension Plan