Aerospace/Fiscal Affair - Accountant
This position will provide accounting and budgeting services to departments within the John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain Accounting Records, Reports, and Statements
- Assist with records management, procurement, and payment processing for the airport/local funds and the colleges appropriated funding allocation.
- Perform accounting procedures within parameters of UND Accounting using accounting theories and principles.
- Develop and prepare financial reports and graphs.
- Review and approve accounting transactions.
- Liaison with Accounting Services, Budget Office, and Purchasing.
- Record and report transactions within theories and principles of accounting.
- Process internal and external billings related to Aerospace Operations.
- Monitor expenditures and revenues. Identify, research and resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Prepare month-end, quarterly and annual reports.
- Maintain Aircraft Files
- Assist in Maintaining Accurate Inventory and Fuel Values
- Assist with recording and evaluating inventory values for parts, supplies, repairs within AIMS for the Parts, Maintenance and Line areas
- Order Bulk Fuel from vendors and maintains accurate fuel files
- Prepare requests for payments for invoices
- Maintains Aviation Student Flight Accounts
- Assists with aviation student flight accounts by adjusting AIMS when a deposit has been made at the UND business office; places students on “arrangement” prior to financial aid arriving.
- Explains flight charges to students and parents when necessary
- VA & Voc Rehab Students – Work closely with the Veteran and Military Services Office to ensure students flight accounts are maintained appropriately and submit documentation to ensure proper payment for flight fees
- Special Projects as Assigned
- Prepare special reports and work on special projects as required.
- Ability to manage multiple departmental funds and accounts.
- Accounting, Finance
- Strong Excel skills – Microsoft Office Knowledge
- Good people and communication skills
- Good attention to detail skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Three plus years’ strong experience with accounting and finance.
- Experience with Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Successful completion of criminal history records check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identify and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire
Preferred Skills Qualifications
- Experience with UND policies and procedures.
- Experience in the aerospace industry.
- Experience with UND Accounting and Purchasing procedures.
- Experience with PeopleSoft financial software.
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification
$50,000 Annually, Exempt
Work Schedule/Start Date
Monday – Friday; 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 11:59PM on the closing date.
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out Grand Forks is Cooler.
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EO/Title IX for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
The University of North Dakota is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other protected characteristic. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status as part of the application process. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 or NGB 22 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at UND.edu. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND, 58202.