Store Manager - Grand Forks, ND
Store Manager – Grand Forks
Are you self-motivated, forward-thinking and a team player? If you have a passion for the construction and agriculture equipment and are customer-driven we would love for you to join our team. Our ideal future teammate values great relationships with everyone in the company, is customer-driven, strives for excellence every day, has high levels of integrity and accountability and focuses on safety in everything he/she does. Take the first step toward advancing your career goals by apply for the Grand Forks Store Manager position. Butler Machinery is a family owned company that offers fantastic benefits!
• Works within and promotes vision, mission and values of BMC.
• Promotes the sale, rental and product support for all Construction and Agricultural products represented by BMC.
• Manages stores revenue and operating costs in order to provide reasonable profit margins for the company.
• Analyzes monthly financial statements, market share reports and KPI’s; and address variants and deficiencies.
• Reviews customer account balances and assists with collections.
• Assists management team with setting goals and forecasts that are realistic and attainable.
• Provides guidance to store’s management team to include establishing departmental procedures, assisting with problem solving issues and addressing challenges to improve customer satisfaction.
• Effectively partners with the regional Product Support Manager and other Department Heads to ensure consistent application of company-wide policies.
• Directs management of sales personnel, which includes assigning market territories, providing guidance and training, and managing sales funnel to include activities, opportunities and quotes.
• Monitors targeted margins, used trade values, used inventory turns and other sales performance metrics and provides corrective actions when needed.
• Reviews buyer’s and rental orders for accuracy and compliance with company programs.
• Provides for a safe and clean work environment for all associates by promoting BMC safety culture for all associates.
• Ensures all associates have access to and completes safety training and technical job training on a regular basis.
• Assists with industry related trade shows.
• Be an active member in industry related associations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Supervise sales workforce, department managers and support staff.
• Organizes, communicates and delegates responsibilities and priorities to subordinates.
• Encourages and monitors career development providing technical training, coaching and expertise as needed.
• Insures compliance of store employees to performance standards thru coaching, counseling and conducting performance reviews as needed, but no less than annually.
• Provides regular and timely feedback that recognizes employee performance, motivates employees and promotes self-development.
• Bachelor's degree in business or industry related field preferred with management experience required or equivalent experience, training and background.
• Leadership training or supervisory experience strongly preferred
• Demonstrated ability to work with people
• Good oral and written communications skills
• Accounting and Finance skills
• Negotiating skills
• Ability to coach, counsel and confront
• Equipment/Industry knowledge
• Good computer knowledge with experience in Microsoft Suite
• Sales experience beneficial
As a family business for three generations, we currently employ over 800 associates in 18 locations throughout North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska. We are looking for self-motivated, forward-thinking individuals to join us in our continued success. If you desire to grow a career with our team, here are some things we offer in our full benefits package:
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Company paid life insurance
• Paid holidays
• Maternity Benefit
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• 401(K) Plan
• Profit Sharing Plan/Vocational Pension Plan
• Company Vehicle