Information Systems Director
Responsible for the oversight and administration of the Agency’s information systems, networks, and assigned staff.
40 hrs/wk. Starting wage: $32.15/hr.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent plus three years of appropriate experience and demonstrated capability to perform the job duties. Experience in management of information systems, including server systems and network analysis, databases, web service, wireless, cellular networking, routers, managed switches, technical support, problem resolution, and training. Minimum two years managerial experience, including supervision.
NEEDED ATTRIBUTES: Positive self-starter with strong organizational and superior communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Works effectively with teams and independently. Ability to manage multiple priorities.
* Provide oversight and administration of the Agency's information technology systems, staffing, and strategic technology vision in support of both Agency and departmental objectives. Prioritize goals and strategies to achieve results and complete projects.
* Assist Agency with system-wide change at a planning and implementation level, analyzing both technology and business needs.
* Manage and expand usage and adoption of the electronic records management system.
* Direct implementation and execution of upgraded systems via well-defined plans. Understands, respects, and assists departments with program-specific applications while ensuring integration with Agency systems.
* Partner with department leadership in the planning, development, implementation, and on-going maintenance of software systems. Apply project management and business analysis best practices to ensure that all business requirements are met, including unique department need and that projects are completed on time, in scope, and within budget.
* Develop, implement, and train staff on information technology policies. * Establish technical priorities, standards, and procedures.
* Maintain all facets of the information technology infrastructure including, but not limited to, network, servers, storage, backup systems, applications, databases, security devices, and workstations in support of over 350+ staff, Including the overall design and on-going maintenance of the disaster recovery plan.
* Lead, train, evaluate, and supervise a team of information technology employees. Responsible for cross-training of backup for essential operations of technology systems. Partner with department leadership to ensure technology needs are being met and lead the Agency Technology Committee.
* Maintain inventory, repair, and upgrade all computers, servers, peripherals and wiring, and supervise the work of others in this area. Responsible for the disposal of technology equipment, per Agency plan/policy.
* Engage in short- and long-term planning on the technology budget, staffing plan, hardware/software systems maintenance plan, as well as the overall strategic technology road map. These activities will be critical in helping to maximize efficiencies while controlling costs
* Maintain awareness of changing regulations, recognize, and implement changes in technology systems.
* Analyze, research, educate, and propose procurement mechanisms per Agency policy to ensure technology projects are completed to the satisfaction of the stakeholders, including recommending the use of vendor professional services, developing formal proposals, and presenting formal proposals to management for consideration.
Click "apply" to apply online by January 17, 2021