Customer Service Representative
Lakes Gas has an exciting opportunity for candidates with excellent people skills. We are looking for an energetic person who can provide outstanding service to our customers and promote our business to the community. Lakes Gas provides a friendly, team-based work environment in small local offices. This position will include walk-in, phone, and email contact with customers and potential customers. You must be able to multi-task and be attentive to details. Excellent people skills and computer skills are required. In addition to hourly wages, Lakes Gas provides benefits, vacation time and opportunities for bonus and commission pay.
- Outstanding customer service skills, ideal if you like working with people.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong data entry skills to maintain and update customer data records along with product inventories.
- Enhanced communication skills both written and verbally.
- Ability to learn, manage and navigate web-based applications designed for the propane industry.
- Ability, after brief training, to read, interpret, and understand work orders, shipping papers, product labels and invoices.
- Ensure compliance that the branch is operating per established company guidelines/policies and procedures.
- Willing to explore, critique, and forward ideas, and work with the corporate office to implement improvements and directions to streamline processes
Major Position Accountabilities:
- Providing excellent service to customers and potential customers, including walk-in, telephone or email.
- Working closely with the Branch Manager to schedule service work.
- Ability to close sales on inbound and outbound calls and emails.
- Soliciting and collecting payments on past due invoices in a timely manner and actively working on customer account balances.
- Responsible for the cash and credit card activities while performing account reconciliations.
- Processing branch mail, including trips to and from the post office to retrieve and drop off mail (with a valid driver's license).other employees and/or customers.
- Responsible for making daily deposits.
- Responsible for weekly and monthly reporting and must understand the importance of due dates.
- Monitoring and ordering office supplies and forms in accordance with company ordering procedures.
- Promptly and accurately coding vendor invoices for payment.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds to assist customers with cylinder fills.
- Availability for limited travel within Regional Area, as required.
- Ability during busy season (Oct-Mar) to be able to work weekends in support of branch operations.
- Driving customer retention and reinforcing strategies for growth.
Critical Success Factors:
- Ability to work with and respectfully interact with other employees and/or customers.
- Ability to build and contribute to a cohesive, collaborative, and goal-oriented team with a hands-on approach.
- Conducting self in a professional business-like manner with customers, co-workers, and managers.
- Communicating with co-workers to ensure tasks are completed timely and accurately.
- Working with minimum supervision, following published and verbal standards, guidelines, policies and procedures developed by Lakes Gas Co., and state, federal and local laws.
About Lakes Gas:
Lakes Gas is the leading distributor of propane in the region, with 46 offices in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan and South Dakota. We are a family-owned company based in Wyoming, Minnesota and known for incredible service.
Lakes Gas is an equal opportunity employer.