AM Dining Room Attendant-Wilkerson Commons
$1000 Sign-on Bonus* Description
The purpose of this position is to provide the highest quality service to customers in the service and dining room areas in dining service operations. This may include but is not limited to: serving food, maintaining cleanliness, and communicating with customers. The position works primarily in residential dining operations but may also work in retail operations and catered events on or off premises. This position is a front of the house position that has a high level of direct customer contact. This position works closely with student employees to ensure quality products and service are provided for customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Insures cleanliness of the dining room by cleaning and sanitizing tables during service times
- Wipe down chair and booth seats
- Remove food and other debris from the floor, may require the use of a vacuum cleaner, hoky sweeper, or broom
- Wiping down and stocking flatware counters
- Removing outdated table tents and cleaning holders
- Restock utensils and PC’s
- Cleans dining room windows (inside only), plexiglass/sneeze guards, vents, and light fixtures
- Keeps all service areas clean and presentable
- Insures the serving lines and salad bars are stocked and replenished, rotating food to insure freshness
- Review the set-up of the condiments, beverages, breads and chips and replenishes as needed
- Checks appearance of food and garnishes
- Follows proper handling and storage procedures in the serving and holding of food
- Audits hot and cold temperatures
- Insures and stocks clean dishes, flatware, glassware and utensils (due to COVID 19, stock plasticware)
- Cleans beverage machines, condiment counters and equipment, dessert and beverage areas,
- Prepares sample plates of correct portions (not during COVID 19 pandemic)
- Follows all policies and procedures for special diets
- Answers student’s questions regarding Dining Service’s policies, procedures and offerings
- Secures inventory
- Coordinates with production staff to ensure operational needs are met
- Reassemble all service equipment (i.e. juice machine, milk machine, coffee, ice cream, yogurt, topping dispensers, etc.)
- Slice bread, pan/plate dessert items, while properly rotating food items
- Ensure date in on all ambient products (i.e. bread, desserts), and ensure expired products are not on display
- Ensures customers are wearing face covering properly, and following social distancing practices (i.e. not moving around chairs in the dining center)
- Refilling hand sanitizer stations
- Restock disinfectant buckets as needed
- Ensuring the hand sanitizer labels are facing the customer to properly identify what it is
- Assists with burger bar production
- Performs food preparation as needed to serve customers
- Performs display cooking as needed.
- Maintains predetermined food costs with minimal waste
- Works with the preparation and disposal of fish, poultry, beef, lamb, pork and other meat products
- Adheres to all safety and sanitation policies which includes removal of all jewelry and piercings (plain wedding band is permissible) and wearing hair and beard restraints
- Assists with concept production if needed
- Assists with check stand/cashier duties if needed
- Creates and sustains a work environment based on ethics, integrity, trust, and accountability.
- Serves as a role model to others in terms of setting the tone for acceptable behavior/conduct.
- Creates an inclusive work environment where others can motivate themselves to perform at their highest level.
- Able to stand 3-4 hours at a time.
- Can move 45-50 pounds.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Is customer and student orientated
- Ability to motivate and supervise others.
- Ability to do Basic Math
- Optimistic attitude, high degree of integrity, and a strong work ethic
- Always treats others with dignity and respect and fosters a sense of camaraderie and goodwill in dealing with others
- High School diploma or GED
- Successful completion of Criminal History Records Check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- One year of large-scale food service experience including both service or production.
- ServSafe Certification
- Valid Driver's License
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification
$11.65/hour, Full-time, Benefited, Non-exempt
*$1000 Sign-on Bonus to be paid to new hires only. Bonus to be paid upon successful completion of six-month probationary period.
Work Schedule/Start Date
Normal schedule Monday -Friday 6:30am - 2pm with rotating weekends
Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 11:59PM on the closing date.
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out Grand Forks is Cooler.
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EO/Title IX for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
The University of North Dakota is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other protected characteristic. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status as part of the application process. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 or NGB 22 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at UND.edu. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND, 58202.