Direct Support Professional
Direct Support Professional/Caregiver
Would you like to make a difference every day in someone’s life? Based in community settings, and working closely with our clinical staff to support therapeutic and behavioral plans, DSPs provide assistance and strategies to the individuals we serve to live as independently as possible.
- Transportation and support out in the community: outings/field trips, medical appointments, and shopping
- Assist with daily living skills including meal preparation and assist with medication administration
- Provide guidance on a range of developmental goals from community participation, household budgeting, exercise, nutrition, and supporting vocational responsibilities
- Support persons served with living skills such as personal hygiene, grooming, and/or bathing
- Assist individuals we serve to redirect agitated or aggressive behaviors