Rehabilitation Counselor, Senior
Working Title: Vocational Counselor
$23.27 - $33.97 /hourly; $48,588 - $70,929 /annually - Senior Level
Classified Status: Unclassified
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
What’s Great About this Job:
Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference in people’s lives? We have an exciting opportunity for someone who has a bachelor’s degree in any human services discipline and recent employment working in a variety of areas including, but not limited to, job placement, disability case management or disability-related program development and administration.
During your first year of employment, you will receive significant training and mentorship as you begin your work as a qualified rehabilitation consultant intern (QRC intern). This is a professional level paid position and “intern” is a designation for all new QRCs in Minnesota. You will also need to register to take your Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS) test.
More detailed information about the requirements for this certification is located at https://www.cdms.org/get-certified/cdms-certification/eligibility-
After your initial training and earning your certification, you then become eligible to be a full QRC. You will work an independent case load while still having the necessary support of your colleagues and supervisor as questions arise.
This position exists to provide specialized vocational rehabilitation services and medical monitoring in accordance with the workers’ compensation law, the rehabilitation rules, and consideration of the rights and responsibilities of the injured worker to facilitate the resolution of a claim for benefits by return to work or other positive result.
- Bachelor’s degree AND be a registered QRC, QRC intern, or eligible to be registered as a QRC or QRC intern. Certification as a Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS) or Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) within one (1) year of hire.
- Knowledge of medical management, medical terminology and vocational counseling theories and techniques that can be applied toassist injured workers with returning to work within their restrictions. The ability to identify and remove barriers that result in clients successfully returning to work.
- Knowledge of workers’ compensation statute and the rehabilitation rules sufficient to function as a professionally objective qualified rehabilitation consultant.
- Knowledge of community-based resources and the ability to collaborate with these entities to remove barriers so clients can successfully return to work.
- Knowledge of the Minnesota Workers & Compensation Law, and the Rehabilitation Rules, Department of Labor and Industry policies and VRU procedures.
It is the policy of Labor and Industry (DLI) that all employees submit to a driver’s license check prior to employment when driving a vehicle is a requirement of the position. Possession and maintenance of a valid driver’s license is required for this position.
Masters degree and certification as a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor or a Certified Disability Management Specialist AND be
registered as a QRC with a minimum of 18 months of experience as a QRC (post internship).
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental
insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637. For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers. JOB ID NUMBER: 44065
Effective July 1, 2009, legislation provides that the top five Recently Separated Veterans, who apply and meet the qualifications for the
vacancy, must be granted an interview. To be considered a Recently Separated Veteran, you must meet all the following criteria:
1. Have separated under honorable conditions from any branch of the armed forces of the United States;
2. Have served on active duty for 181 consecutive days or more or for the full period ordered to active duty OR have separated by reason of disability incurred while serving on active duty;
3. Be a United States citizen or resident alien;
4. Have served in active military service at any time on or after September 11, 2001 as shown on your form DD-214.
To be considered under this legislation, you must meet all of the Minimum Qualifications identified in this posting; meet all of the above
RSV criteria; and submit a copy of your DD-214 form by the closing date via mail, e-mail or fax to: Sandi Arvin 443 Lafayette Road N,
St. Paul, MN 55155, or email@example.com.
Effective August 1, 2012, legislation provides state agencies with the option to appoint certain disabled veterans on a non- competitive basis if you meet all of the following criteria:
1. Meet service requirements and have a verified service-connected disability rating of at least 30%.
1. Provide qualifying documentation verifying the disability.
2. Meet all of the Minimum Qualifications identified in this posting.
To be considered under this legislation you must submit all documentation by the closing date via mail, e-mail or fax to: Sandi Arvin 443
Lafayette Road N, St. Paul, MN 55155, or firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 651-284-5723. Contact If you have questions about the position, contact Sandi Arvin at email@example.com or 651-284-5325.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing
culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly
encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply. We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance you need.
Apply for Vocational Counselor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly