- You will provide executive assistant support to the President and the Board of Directors. Your support of the president will include but not be limited to assisting with scheduling of meetings and managing the President’s calendar, and screening internal and external requests for the President’s attention. You will serve as a primary contact, in addition to the President, between the NMF staff and its Board of Directors. You will compile, prepare, and send out the monthly Board Packet, in both electronic and hard-copy formats, as well as take accurate minutes from each Board Meeting. You will ensure the Board’s acknowledgement of and compliance to NMF policies, as well as maintain updated Board contact lists, committee assignments, and meeting schedules. You will organize and plan all in-person Board Meetings. You will also provide executive assistant support to the three Vice Presidents (Finance & Administration, Operations, and Advocacy) to ensure efficient office administration and operations. You will adhere to absolute confidentiality and discretion in all aspects of your position at all times. You will also provide executive assistance to the executive director of the Northwest Technical College Foundation, a role filled by an NMF Senior Development Officer. Through this, you will maintain accurate records for the NTCF Board of Directors, including its contacts list, meeting schedules, and board packets. You will plan and attend all NTCF Board Meetings, from which you will take accurate meeting minutes.
- You will provide office management support to ensure appropriate records retention and efficient office operations. Some duties will include but not be limited to maintaining updated personnel files, including the preparation of wage and position letters; ensuring employee acknowledgement and compliance of internal policies and procedures; coordinating IT needs with technology vendors; serving on various committees that make decisions that could impact the office operations; managing version control of policies and procedures; overseeing contracts with private vendors; managing relationships with office tenants including executing lease agreements with office tenants.
- You are responsible for all other duties as assigned.
What success looks like;
- You are a person who can adhere to absolute confidentiality and discretion in all aspects of your position at all times. You are able to judge who has appropriate access to information and records and maintain confidentiality to those given access.
- You nurture a culture of high customer service, particularly to Board of Directors and tenants, and lead others in the organization through your example of courteous, prompt resolutions and answers to inquiries and requests from external and internal customers. You will be a person that is curious about the organization and seeks to know the breadth and depth of the organization in order to better serve those seeking answers. You will be a person who demonstrates a high level of integrity in finding the answers to questions in the manner that is the most efficient for the organization.
- You are a person who thrives in managing multiple projects and assignments at once. You are a self-starter who is well able to set their own priorities and work independently to accomplish numerous tasks with efficiency, prioritization, clear communication, and accuracy. You are a person that thrives in an office setting that is dynamic and busy. You seek to work with other staff in a team-first approach. You are a person who promotes a positive, productive, and cordial office culture.
- You are a person with a very high attention to detail and will ensure that all information released on behalf of the Foundation is clear, concise, and free of errors. You are a person who can anticipate the needs of those you support and work with. You are able to be decisive within the level of authority granted to you.
- The Northwest Minnesota Foundation is committed to growing a fair and equitable workplace that reflects the communities we serve. You are a person that will embrace opportunities to develop and grow in your skills to strengthen Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion within the Foundation and for our region.
- Board of Directors communications, including the monthly Board Packet.
- Internal scheduling, particularly for President/CEO and Vice Presidents.
- Tenant communication and relationship management, including lease management and execution.
Will collaborate in:
- The operations of the NMF office building.
- Records retention of key NMF records.
- Associate Degree (A.A.) from two-year college or technical school.
- Two years of related experience, including Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in technology and/or cloud-based computer systems
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Organizational skills with an ability to focus on details
- Ability to function in a team relationship
This position is paid hourly, commensurate with experience.
If interested, send cover letter, resume, and references by Sunday, April 18.
This position is in-person, located in the Bemidji office.
This position will require frequent travel locally, occasional travel regionally, and rare travel state-wide.
The Northwest Minnesota Foundation follows an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, pregnancy, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy applies to hiring, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, and terminations.
Apply for Executive Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly