Forklift Operator/Crate Builder
We are looking for employees who strive to achieve, want to grow, and like to see the end-result of the time and effort they put in each day.
We appreciate innovative ideas and outside the box thinking.
Learn a new trade · Start a new career!
• Under close supervision, builds, delivers, and takes away crates and scrap boxes from the lines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• 1. Follows all standard safety procedures as outlined and stated in the Awair Policy and uses all approved safety devices and equipment at all times.
• 2. Builds crates for the lines and builds to stock outside dock area.
• 3. Brings scrap boxes and dumpsters to the lines. Takes them out of line and either dumps or brings to the grinder.
• 4. Takes crates off the lines and brings them to the staging area.
• 5. Collect’s drool and dumps the garbage daily.
• 6. Is cross-trained, and willingly fills in as Material Handler from short term to indefinitely.
• 7. Willingly helps to cover for the Material Handler in cases of call-ins.
• 8. Willingly works in other departments as directed.
• 9. Able to work in a team environment.
• 10. Manages inventory levels of crates, staples, etc. Turns tags into the Materials Supervisor of items to order.
• 11. Willingly takes direction from the Materials Supervisor and Shift Lead. Communicates well with Team Leads and Operators.
• 12. Sweeps floors in front of and behind the extruders.
• 13. Keeps the crate building and dock area neat and clean.
• 14. Empties scrap cardboard bins.
• 15. Helps cut scrap when needed.
• 16. Has a forklift license and operates the forklift safely.
• 17. May be required to perform other duties as needed.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
• 1. Standing, bending, lifting, twisting, and walking on concrete floor.
• 2. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• 3. High school or equivalent degree.
• 4. Ability to work in a cooperative manner with others.
• 5. Licensed to drive a forklift and operate it safely.
• 6. Ability to operate air and electric power tools safely.
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• COMPETITIVE WAGES
• BENEFITS PACKAGE: MEDICAL · DENTAL · VISION · 401(k) · and more
• ABILITY TO ADVANCE AND GROW WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION
• HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAM
• PAID HOLIDAYS
• Paid Time Off
• COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Apply for Forklift Operator/Crate Builder
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly