Emergency Solutions Grant Program Manager
ESG Program Manager
Current employee: new position
Reports to: Deputy Director, Executive Director
Effective date: 04/16/2021
Position end date: August 31, 2022
Position type: Temporary
Salary: $45,000 - $60,000 / year and benefits negotiable DOE
The ESG-CV Program Manager is a temporary position. The grant runs until August 31, 2022.
The purpose of the ESG (Emergency Solutions Grant) Program Manager is to perform a broad range of management, intervention, coordination, assessment, referral, and monitoring functions to oversee outreach services for individuals and families currently experiencing homelessness. Program manager will coordinate HMIS data entry for Region 6 and process all applications regarding homeless clients within Region 6 in accordance with ESG regulations. This position will be responsible for outreach activities including connecting vulnerable households with available resources.
- Manages and coordinates the operation of the Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG-CV) particularly Street Outreach services;
- Develops forms and policies in accordance with the ND Continuum of Care, HUD ESG program, ND Department of Commerce, North Dakota Coalition for Homeless People;
- Submits and checks paperwork for payment;
- Develops and manages relationships with community organizations and other service provides; coordinate services with staff in all programs and with other service providers;
- Completes required documentation, including but not limited to: CARES, VI-SPIDAT, HMIS, and other needed assessment tools.
- Assists with Point In Time Counts and homeless tracking in Region 6;
- Participates in staff and program team meetings;
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of current developments and issues in homelessness, mental health, and housing resources;
- Establishes communication with landlords, community organizations, and other resources to effectively carry-out ESG-CV initiatives.
- Ensure complete and accurate ESG enrollments;
- Provide ESG Outreach Activities as expect by state and federal agencies;
- Links clients to all services and supports within the community, region, and state;
- Maintains adequate and appropriate progress reports according to agency and program guidelines;
- Serves as the regional lead to ND Continuum of Care;
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and/or Deputy Director.
Position requires a bachelor’s degree or four (4) years related experience, valid North Dakota driver’s license, current vehicle insurance and vehicle. 1+ years’ experience in social work preferred.
Position requires PC computer skills, Microsoft Office and Windows or compatible software, Internet software, accounting, faxing, organization, customer service, understanding of assistance programs. Program Manager must be highly organized, able to work independently, and understand government regulations. Manager must have superior communication skills. Sound interpersonal and problem-solving skills required. Program Manager must have personal vehicle and clean driving record and be able to travel within the state.