The AVP, Marketing is our key communicator, strategic marketing thinker and project leader, and the direct connector with key department heads and affiliated advisors. The AVP, Marketing works to create an experience that is consistent across departments that helps us grow further, in alignment with our vision.
Reporting to the SVP Marketing, you will own our external and internal marketing and communications, creating a consistent experience that delights stakeholders across all channels. As our Marketing Team leader, you will build and support a marketing plan and promotion that attract new employees and advisors to our firm, increase the value to our existing affiliated advisors, and raise our brand awareness.
You will thrive in this role if you are energized by opportunity and the ability to have your work 'move the needle'.
If you are motivated by metrics-aware of how your performance impacts our firm's success, expand client adoption, and enhance the employee experience, you might be motivated to grow with us. Showcasing your leadership, you will be ready to share your ideas for enhancing our offering and help us better meet the needs of employees and clients.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Working with the SVP Marketing, provides the strategic vision (short and long term) for all Marketing initiatives and functions
- Develop and implement a cohesive marketing plan to accelerate company growth
- Lead and manage team of employees and freelancers in support of marketing and communication initiatives
- Combine strategic thinking and leadership with hands on, roll-up your sleeves execution that includes content creation (writing)
- Manage marketing revenue and expense budget, including develop strategies to increase revenue derived from marketing agency and ways to 'do more with less' and manage and reduce expenses through innovative efficiencies
- Promote in-house agency resource to our affiliate financial advisors
- Provide strategic marketing and consultative services to our affiliated advisors and their firm, and lead management and execution of any advisor-requested marketing support.
- Develop strategy and manage execution for development of the AdvisorNet brand internally and externally via social media, video, etc.
- Handle management, development, and rollout of all internal and external communications
- Develop and maintain relationships with key departmental leaders to help drive and assist with their department's growth through marketing strategies and campaigns
- Manage all in-person and virtual events and meetings, including event planning and execution resources, as well as meetings and event budget.
- Manages development of annual marketing business plan
- Develop content and create executive-level presentations for certain advisor, shareholder, and Board meetings, as needed.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who understands the value of collaboration and the ability to communicate across departments. This individual will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA (or similar advanced degree) is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience, including direct responsibility creating marketing strategy for financial advisory company.
- Proven experience as an AVP/VP of Marketing, Marketing Director, or other senior Marketing role.
- Ability to connect creative thinking and bold actions to business results.
- Executive presence and the ability to communicate up and down the organization.
- Desire to build and lead a team of highly empowered individuals.
- Deep skills in marketing campaign development, execution and leveraging data and analytics to improve results and increase ROI.
- Demonstrated strength in conceptual strategy and execution while still maintaining a roll-up-your-sleeves management style.
- A proven track record of aligning the organization and owners around the marketing strategy.
- All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might be required.