Provision of nursing care to hospice patients in coordination with the interdisciplinary team (IDG) that is consistent with the goals, definitions, philosophy, and purpose of Hospice of the Red River Valley. All nursing care, as approved by patients’ primary physicians or the hospice medical director, including hospice referrals, patient admissions, physical assessments, symptom management and emotional support.
• Minimum of RN degree; BSN preferred.
• Minimum of one year of experience as a hospital staff nurse and/or minimum of two years of experience in health care.
• Strong interpersonal communication, counseling, and teaching skills
• Flexibility in scheduling; team player
• Familiarity with principles related to dying and death strongly preferred
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations Required
• Current state RN licensure in North Dakota and Minnesota
• Current drivers license and auto insurance
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk; occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The employee is frequently asked to drive to HRRV office locations as well as facilities and patients homes.