Line Cook - AM
LINE COOK SUMMARY
Excellent pay , paid holidays, employee perks! The Line Cook accurately and efficiently cooks meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates. Responsible for preparing and/or directing the preparation of food to be served complying with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. The Line Cook is responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, and fraud.
Silverspot Cinema offers a competitive salary and great benefits! For management positions, Silverspot covers 100% of employee only health insurance, dental, vision and basic life insurance/AD&D. We also offer dependent/spouse coverage as well as supplemental benefits such as short-term disability and long-term disability. Our eligible associates also enjoy vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, movie passes and employee discounts.
LINE COOK ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe conditions and actions to a supervisor and/or Manager.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area and meets other housekeeping needs as required by Silverspot. Prepare or direct preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Determine amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems.
- Ensure availability of supplies and food or approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation.
- Set steam table; serve or ensure proper serving of food for tray line or dining room.
- Comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards. Observe proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Store food properly and safely, marking date and item.
- Report necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor.
- Maintains a Guest focus while performing duties
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Graciously and quickly fulfill any guest request possible
- Complete opening and closing checklists.
- Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Promptly reports equipment and food quality or shortage problems to Kitchen Manager.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma, Minimum 6 months - 1 year experience as a line cook in a restaurant/commercial food service establishment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Food handler certification and/or ServSafe certification if applicable
?? M ust be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds if necessary.
?? Must be able to regularly stand, walk, use hands to finer, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
?? Must be able to stand for extended periods of times.
?? Must be able to periodically work in a warm to hot environment
Silverspot Cinema is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Silverspot Cinema also participates in E-Verify.