SR PROJECT MANAGER - ENGINEERING (CAPEX)
Sr. Project Manager - Engineering (CAPEX)
Our client is a global leader in the development of natural ingredients for the food, beverage, dietary supplements and agricultural industry. This innovative company has a presence in over 30 countries. We have been retained to find a Sr. Project Manager - Engineering. This position works under limited direction and is primarily responsible for managing the planning, organization, control integration, and completion of CAPEX projects.
- These characteristics are normally acquired through a Bachelor's degree in engineering.
- A minimum of five years (10+ years preferred) of experience with capital projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Possess strong verbal, written, communication, analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Team player with project and change management experience who can easily adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Possess contract management skills in relation to suppliers, contractors and consultants.
- Skilled at business problem solving, conflict resolution, influencing others and change management.
- Ability to work in local and global cross-functional environment.
- Ability to operate in an environment with a high degree of responsibility and freedom to operate in a dynamic environment with short distance to top management.
- Proficient with Microsoft Project, Excel, CAD is required.
- Working environment is generally favorable and in an office setting 70% of time, with both domestic and international travel about 15% of time (this could vary depending on project). This position requires a valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Manages CAPEX projects ranging from minor to large scale primarily in local sites within Wisconsin.
- Coordinates, supervises and directs efforts of all involved internal and external suppliers and resources, contractors and consultants.
- Responsible for planning, budgets, forecasting and reporting for projects.
- Optimizes engineering projects at local and global production facilities.
- Stays current with new industry developments in engineering techniques, machines, equipment, materials, etc. and incorporates the innovations in the engineering function to the best advantage of the Company.
- Collaborates with other Global Engineering colleagues to develop engineering company standards.
- Researches and develops special plans and feasibility studies (e.g. capital equipment purchases, expansion of facilities, plant layout changes, building alterations, etc.). Research may be done independently or in cooperation with external resources.
- Estimates outlays, cost reductions and manufacturing economies towards achieving the business goals.
- Follows all Company safety and sanitation regulations and provides engineering recommendations to assist area managers in reducing or eliminating employee's exposure to injuries or illnesses.
- Participates and actively leads department and cross-functional teams.