Hybrid Cloud Engineer (Platforms)
At the University of Minnesota, we are dedicated to changing lives through research, education, and outreach. The Office of Information Technology (OIT) - the University's central IT department - offers an environment of trust, collaboration, and mission-focused work. Join our team and help us make a positive difference to the University as an experienced Hybrid Cloud Engineer.
The Office of Information Technology at the University of Minnesota is seeking an experienced Cloud Engineer to support the development and implementation of public and hybrid cloud network capabilities (specifically kubernetes and hybrid platform services). This is an exciting opportunity to help to define and operationalize cloud network services in Azure, Google Cloud, and AWS by defining and completing features and user stories in an Agile environment. Ideal candidates will have excellent technical and interpersonal skills (elevated EQ), an ability to work with users and technologists with varying levels of experience, and a strong commitment to supporting an environment of trust, collaboration, and mission-focused work.
- University paid contribution (10% of your salary) to your retirement account - vested immediately.
- 22 paid vacation days per year, in addition to sick leave and 11 paid holidays.
- Reduced tuition opportunities covering 75% - 100% of eligible tuition.
- Excellent and affordable health care benefits.
- Wellness program with opportunity to earn lower health care rates.
- Free disability insurance.
- Annual merit increase program.
- Serve as a technical and subject matter expert on hybrid cloud design, implementation and ongoing operations.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on containerization, kubernetes, serverless deployment.
- Provide container/kubernetes technical leadership and mentoring to other members of the Cloud team.
- Ensure technical solutions meet quality, security, and compliance requirements; work directly with key stakeholders and technical teams to ensure solutions have passed the required quality checks.
- Consult with infrastructure architects, engineers, and developers across the organization to ensure the value and flexibility of services.
- Consult with end-users and other stakeholders to support continuous service improvement.
- Migrate workloads to various cloud platforms.
- Provide recommendations to product managers, product owners and leadership on technology adoption.
- Maintain legacy on-premise compute infrastructure to production standards through its required lifespan.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
***Please document qualifications on resume
- Bachelor's degree and four years of relevant experience or a comparable combination of education, training, and experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Experience with virtualized infrastructure support, specifically VMWare and the transformation of on-premise workloads to cloud capable solutions.
- Experience with Cloud service and operations of one or more of the public cloud providers AWS, Azure, GCP, CloudFlare.
- Cloud infrastructure as code experience (i.e. Azure, AWS, Google and on-premise cloud solutions and their associated vendor products and interdependencies.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt.
- DevOps automation and Container/Kubernetes experience.
The University of Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer.