Security Service Executive
What you will do
Reporting within the Johnson Controls security business, directly to a Security Sales Manager, this role's main focus is to secure Planned Service Agreements with new and existing customers. This role serves as the subject matter expert for video services and digital services, including proactive health, and more.
The job responsibility for this position is two-fold. One, to reactivate, add-on, make minor modifications to out-of-service locations. Resales represent a critical need for JCI. Not only do Resales help us recapture valuable recurring revenue, but they also bring us new JCI customers that are a great source for selling additional services. Two, to sell our complete services portfolio to new and existing customers. Our goal is to drive impactful activities, results, and improve attach rates.
Primary responsibility will be to work daily with district sales leaders (CSMs) in managing the stated metrics (both leading and lagging indicators), utilizing all available dashboards and tools.
How you will do it
There are many ways to efficiently influence a territory and aggressively manage the out-of- service locations. Each territory has numerous JCI resale/service opportunities. Finding opportunities:
- Opportunity data, from sources such as Salesforce, ADMIN, 55 Day list, PowerBI RIF List
- Field and phone blitzes
- Networking with Centers of Influence, like property managers
- Face-to-face marketing in a given area
Specific responsibilities are outlined below:
- Follow the SPIN Selling Sales Call Process, assuring the customer understands our value proposition
- Sell services and upsell products within the assigned territory to existing customers, new
- customers, as well as customers who have a previously discontinued JCI system, while
- maintaining assigned sales and service quota and following established guidelines
- Target and grow existing customers with low service penetration e.g.
- With one service
- With no service attached
- Market and introduce JCI digital services to existing customers and new prospects
- Target non JCI customers to add services or take over existing service contracts
- Identify prospects by using creative lead-generating techniques, including data mining;
- leveraging the PowerBI RIF Database
- Add-on, amend, convert existing customer systems to meet the customers' expectations
- Utilize approved marketing materials to present sales presentation and proposal to prospects,
- identifying the benefits and advantages of our products and services over those of the
- Adhere to current JCI policies, procedures, products, programs and services
- Follow up with prospects
- Prepare final contract for signature
- Process work order and complete all paperwork in accordance with approved and standardized
- Post-installation follow-up by contacting customers, ensuring commitments were met
- Maintain customer retention
The Security Services Executive's job is transactional and focused - on PSAs. Therefore, when either a resale is reactivated, or an additional service(s) is sold to an existing customer, the SSE moves on to the next opportunity.
This role will target and reach out to existing customers - who already have an account representative assigned. While the account may sit with a territory representative, this territory rep may not have proposed services initially, or add-on services, it is then the responsibility of the SSE to sell services and increase attach rates.
When uncovering an opportunity for a service and the customer is interested in a new technology, the SSE must turn over the new opportunity to the assigned territory rep to follow through with the customer.
Commercial Account Executive - Security
What you will do
As a Commercial Account Executive you will be responsible for promoting and selling security products and services focused on what you need to make people, facilities, and assets safe. This includes building relationships, closing new business for Johnson Controls and ensuring customer retention. You will be the Johnson Controls brand steward, charged with telling the Johnson Controls story and clearly demonstrating that Johnson Controls is the leading electronic security provider. As an account executive you will be responsible for building and growing profitable sales and upgrades to new Johnson Controls Commercial customers while achieving customer satisfaction and retention by initiating post installation follow-ups. As sales champion you will also have a commanding knowledge of our product line, as well as our services.
How you will do it
- As an account manager you will be keeping your customers safe. You will do that by: Using the latest physical security technology, you will work with your customers to develop a complete solution that goes beyond the components and devices we install, providing your customers with a holistic solution.
- Create new market share by selling Johnson Controls products and services to new local commercial customers.
- Generate an average of 6 proposals per week totaling $15,000.00 in NSP at a minimum.
- Identify prospects utilizing creative lead-generating techniques and maintain productive working relationships with existing customers.
- Independently establish call plans and customer follow-up strategies and tactics, and consistently apply time and territory management techniques.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of complete line of products/services and customers' issues and needs through in-house training and reading/research.
- Obtain referrals and work with Centers of Influence.
- Conduct post installation follow-up by contacting customer, ensuring commitments were met and affirming customer satisfaction once the customer has been in service.
What we look for
We are looking for an account executive to join our competitive team. We offer a flexible schedule based on customer's needs and we have an inclusive culture. We are proud to boast being on the 2019 DiversityInc Top 50 list as a noteworthy company for women, minorities, veterans, LGBTQ, and differently abled employees.
Education and Experience:
High school degree or equivalent required.
- Experience in security, technology sales industries or solution selling.
- Experience providing excellent customer service or retail sales.
Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to present to senior level executives within the customer and Johnson Controls organizations.
Technical Skills - able to learn about security and put together customer presentations.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit