Richland County Communications/911 has a career opportunities available for full-time Communications Specialist.
Following is a partial list of responsibilities for this position:
- Answer and prioritize incoming calls on a multi-line telephone/911 system.
- Determine nature of complaint and dispatch law enforcement, ambulance, and fire departments.
- Provide skilled communications and support services related to emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Utilize a computer aided dispatch program and enter information on calls received and agencies dispatched
- Operate a teletype system to retrieve vehicle information, driver information, criminal histories, wants and warrants
- Enter information and make inquiries in the National Crime Information Center database.
No experience is necessary for this position. On the job training is provided.
This job features a friendly shift work environment, with rotating holidays and weekends. Starting salary is $17.26/hr. plus a great benefit package. Part time positions will have pro-rated benefits. Salary will increase after successful completion of probationary period to $18.81/hr.
A high school diploma or GED required. Candidate must be fingerprinted, participate in pre-employment testing, hearing, drug test, and also pass a criminal background check. Anyone with a felony or Class A or B Misdemeanor will be disqualified.
A Richland County Job application must be completed and may be obtained by contacting Human Resources at 701-642-7704, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or on our website at www.co.richland.nd.us. Position will remain open until filled.