Project Manager II - New Product Development - DIRECT HIRE/PERMANENT!
Manpower Engineering is exclusively partnering with an industry leading and growing company on the West Side of the Greater Milwaukee, WI Area on a highly visible direct hire/permanent Project Manager II - New Product Development position.
The company has been around for 60+ years, revolutionized their market, and continue to meet the needs of business of all sizes as they offer a wide variety of products. Our client's continued success will come from their dedication to growth and their core philosophy of ensuring customers' a superior product and ownership experience.
Our client offers a very generous compensation plan (base salary plus bonus), great benefits package, and relocation assistance (if needed).
The Project Manager II is responsible for planning and executing all product development activities including new product introductions, cost reduction, technology integration, and lifecycle product support. The position requires strong technical and cross-functional product development and business process knowledge, superior people leadership skills, functional and project management experience, proficiency in quality systems, and business planning knowledge.
This position works closely with the product business groups and other functional leaders in the company (product management, engineering, service, manufacturing operations, supply chain, marketing, quality, IT, finance) and is responsible for providing leadership and management for projects supporting a company business area / product line. This leadership role is responsible for planning and executing product development project plans which ensure superior products for Customers.
- Provide project management leadership to teams for new product development projects including: creating schedules, building product development plans, integrating the activities of cross-functional team members.
- Implement product requirements into project scope, design and product realization requirements.
- Lead key project execution, in primary collaboration with engineering and product management for new product development or similar product initiatives.
- Execute projects to schedule, project cost, scope and quality commitments.
- Achieve target product cost for company and product life cycle cost for Customers.
- Effectively execute and provide suggestions for improvement the product development process. Utilize the Company Development Process (CDP) Milestones and Design Reviews as key drivers of product development progression.
- Define and drive Risk and Mitigation plans for projects. Define and lead contingency option assessments when needed, then select and execute mitigation plans.
- Facilitate collaboration between departments to identify and harvest new product development concepts, technologies, techniques, standards and procedures.
- Manage attributes and decisions such as make vs. buy, shipping and logistics cost, bidding process.
- Identify, evaluate and document "lessons-learned" during the project and communicate best practices and lessons learned to project team members on future projects.
- Bachelor's Degree - in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or a related field is preferred
- 7+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of project management experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3+ of years of experience managing new product development projects
- Demonstrated Project Management experience with cross-functional teams which includes 'full system' product releases