Badgerland Disposal is looking to fill a role as our Diesel Mechanic. As our Diesel Mechanic you will preventive maintenance services and inspects, diagnoses and repairs on a variety of heavy-duty Diesel vehicles and equipment. You will support all aspects of the mechanical repair and maintenance of vehicles, machines, equipment and facilities. You will report to the local shop manager.
To perform this job successfully you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Company / OSHA Standards and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts annual safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assist other mechanics in the completion of project work.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Experience: Three (3) years of relevant work experience.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver's license (CDL B)
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the workday;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling heavy objects most of the workday;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) often;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- Works under moderate supervision
- Requires lifting up to 50-75 pounds, pushing, pulling and bending
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- A valid CDL driver license is required
- Must be 21 years of age, or older
- A GED or high school diploma is required
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Badgerland Disposal is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.