Electrical Product Design Engineer
Electrical Product Design Engineer - Direct Hire!
In this position, you will be primarily responsible for designing, documenting, and providing support to manufacturing for custom variable-frequency drive (VFD) engineered solutions. This position offers an opportunity to work on a wide range of projects, and across multiple teams and be surrounded by exceptionally talented individuals widely regarded as leaders in their areas of expertise.
Our client offers the opportunity to experience the excitement, challenge, and rewards of working in an entrepreneurial, fast growing, and industry-leading company where you will be challenged to manage projects and apply your skills throughout all phases of the manufacturing/operations process.
Other Key Functions Will Include:
- Select and qualify new components and develop product designs according to product specification requirements and internal design and quality standards
- Conduct and participate in formal product specification, design, and test report reviews
- Investigate and approve changes to engineering documentation when manufacturing issues arise to insure on-time delivery of customer product
- Participate in new product development from the design concept to final product specification
- Control and process customer change requests relevant to order engineering documentation
- Coordinate and consult with associates from other departments to clarify customer order requirements before release to manufacturing
Requirements and Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering Technology, or Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Minimum of three (3) years of design for manufacturing/development engineering related experience in an electrical/electronic engineering discipline
- Experience creating engineering schematics and assembly drawings using AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN software packages
- Industrial control panel design knowledge and experience (preferably custom in nature) preferred, but not required
- Strong problem solving, process improvement, analytical and troubleshooting skills are necessary competencies for this position
- Understanding of basic electrical theory along with the ability to design and interface drive I/O logic to meet customer specific requirements
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical industry codes and how they relate to drive and motion technology
- Ability to plan, organize, set priorities, and resolve issues expeditiously to meet the customer demand rates while working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with servo controllers, servo motors, PLCs & HMIs is a plus
- Ideal candidate will have exceptional project management skills
- Strong attention to design detail and be quality and customer focused
- UL508A experience is strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with associates at all levels of the organization
Are you interested? Tell us why you are the right person and apply today!
* Please note all resumes and candidate information submitted are kept in the strictest confidence. No resume will be released without the candidate's prior permission.