Category Manager or Consultant Category Manager
Drives category strategy working with the business for multiple complex, high business impact categories. Responsible for the development and effective execution of sourcing strategy for critical categories. Plans for and leads competitive sourcing events and other activities in support of category strategies. Develops effective negotiation strategies and conducts negotiations with their category suppliers to achieve category and business objectives. Manages risk mitigation efforts and oversees on-going monitoring activities. Forms and executes contracts with critical suppliers. Mentors, coaches and oversees development of Associate Category Managers.
1) STRATEGIC SOURCING -Leads the development and implementation of category strategy to optimize cost and improve operations. Applies best practice approaches to multiple critical categories. In conjunction with logistics personnel, implements optimal inventory strategies. Conducts analyses of supply, demand, market, commodity, supplier, contract and should cost modeling to determine category strategies Monitors industry information and trends, and supplier risk profiles, to keep category strategy current while supporting business requirements. Develops complex sourcing events and qualifies, evaluates and selects suppliers for targeted categories of spend.
2) SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT - Leads multiple tier I supplier relationship management efforts focused on improving total cost of ownership, quality, delivery and continuous improvement. Develops plans with suppliers that support business goals and strategies, and drive continuous improvement and collaboration to bring value to both the company and the supplier. Develops performance-based scorecards and monitors, documents and evaluates supplier performance Leads the resolution of disputes with suppliers.
3) CONTRACTING - Leads negotiations to establish contracts that support category strategies while meeting business area requirements. Reviews, analyzes, verifies and negotiates contract changes or additional work orders. Manage contractor claims to resolution and successfully minimize overall impact to cost and schedule. Ensures suppliers comply with contract terms and meet all commitments.
4) RISK CONTAINMENT -Applies understanding of underlying principles of contract law to administer all category contract agreements. In collaboration with business area management, manages and defines the risk elements of the contract and assembles all necessary documentation for obtaining insurance.. Limits Xcel Energy liability by ensuring all required documents and notices have been obtained and are satisfactory.
5) PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Creates and manages a project plan for the implementation of category strategy. Interacts with business leadership to integrate the sourcing and business project plans. Manages the completion of supplier, business and supply chain continuous improvement efforts.
6) PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Creates and manages a project plan for the implementation of category strategy. Interacts with business leadership to integrate the sourcing and business project plans. Manages the completion of supplier, business and supply chain continuous improvement efforts.
Category Manager Minimum Requirements
Posted annual salary range $72,100 to $102,433 per year
Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Project Management, Business, Finance or related field or equivalent experience required.
Requires 5 years of sourcing or purchasing experience. Two years plus of contract formation knowledge and experience, negotiation and project management skills preferred.
Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) certification preferred.
Proficiency in Microsoft?? Office suite and significant experience with purchasing and sourcing systems is required.
Demonstrated customer service skills.
Strong interpersonal and relationship skills are required.
Frequently required to attend meetings in several different locations, and up to 20% domestic travel is required.
Able to work in office and telecommute
Contract and "should cost" modeling experience
Ability to lead and drive category strategy
Understanding of market trends or market analysis
Experience leading an RFP
Consultant, Category Manager Minimum Requirements
Posted annual salary range $82,700 to $117,566 per year
Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Project Management, Business, Finance or related field is required. MBA preferred.
A combination of 8 years of Supply Chain experience and industry experience including category management, supplier relationship management, sourcing and contract management expertise.
A combination of 5 plus years of experience directly leading complex contact negotiations & project management.
Must possess and maintain Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) certification or equivalent.
Proven high level written and verbal communication skills, proficient in the use of Microsoft?? Office suite and significant experience with purchasing and sourcing systems is required.
Frequently required to attend meetings in several different locations, and up to 20% domestic travel is required. Selection criteria may include testing and/or assessment.
Able to work in office and telecommute