Job you will do Typical Day in the Life
A typical day as an Outsourced Accounting Associate might include the following:
Who You Are
- Works on a team to provide accounting services for clients from a multi-faceted approach.
- Actively handles day-to-day accounting needs for clients, functioning as their accounting department.
- Serves as a key point of contact on day-to-day accounting matters for the client.
- Utilizes technology to properly account for all accounting transactions for the client in real-time.
- Reconciles client bank accounts.
- Calculates month-end balancing and journal entries and provides an analysis of GL accounts to support the outsourced controller during the month-end process for clients.
- Prepares reports, returns, and other documents as required, including sales tax reports, year-end tax forms, monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements, and other reports required by clients.
- Provides the outsourced CFO with analysis of accounting information for high-level advisory services.
- Makes recommendations on how to streamline processes.
- Provides backup support as needed to other outsourced accounting specialists and their clients.
- Participates in the area of business development.
- Actively seeks out opportunities for Eide Bailly to provide additional services to clients.
- This would be a ½ time to ¾ time role with flexible hours.
- You have knowledge of general ledger accounting and principles.
- You have a knack for thinking innovatively to incorporate technology solutions and streamlined processes.
- You have the ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- You are able to multi-task and work on multiple projects and meet deadlines by setting priorities with work projects.
- You are proficient with computers, Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), QuickBooks and using various accounting software.
- In addition to all of this, you have an Associate's degree in Accounting or similar field, or equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted, and have 1+ years of experience in private/public accounting managing staff and working with clients.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future. What to Expect Next
We'll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone interview with you to learn more about your career interests and goals. In the meantime, we encourage you to check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or our About Us page.
#LI-KH1 About the teamWho We Are
Eide Bailly is one of the top 25 CPA and business advisory firms in the nation. We have over 40 offices in 14 states across the Midwest and western United States, and offer our staff and Partners the opportunity to serve a variety of industries. Founded in 1917, our culture is the foundation of who we are, and we pride ourselves on supporting our employees to help them achieve their goals and pursue their interests both in the office and at home. At Eide Bailly we are passionate about the clients we serve, the work we do, and most importantly, having fun while we do it! Why You'll Love Working Here
At Eide Bailly we believe respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress. Our culture focuses on collaboration to achieve career growth. We promote happy employees by making work/life balance a priority along with being actively involved in our communities. Our dedication to service can be seen through the Firm's decision to match charitable donations made by employees, as well as providing opportunities to volunteer throughout the year. Most importantly, we like to have fun! We offer a professional and fun work environment with frequent lunch and learns, socials, contests, outings and other events.