Manufacturing Production Team Member 2nd & 3rd Shift
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“One of the best parts of my job is feeling the impact of 93,000 3Mers collaborating around the world and seeing the difference they’re able to make in people’s lives.” – Julie Bushman, executive vice president of International Operations at 3M
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Manufacturing/Production Team Member, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Work efficiently, effectively, and collaborate in a team setting while following operating procedures and/or customer specifications to produce quality products which are delivered to the customer on time
- Work at various machines or stations assembling product, operating machinery, picking & packing finished goods, and/or inspecting products
- Use hand and power tools and may be required to operate powered industrial vehicles
- Use computers as needed to run process operations, input data, update inventory, etc.
- Demonstrate safe work behaviors to avoid injury to self or others and contribute to continuous improvement and problem solving
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to work a fixed first, second or third shift of 8 and/or 10 hours; depending on availability, and overtime as business need dictates
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Minimum of one (1) year of manufacturing experience in a fast-paced environment
- This position may require weekend work
- Basic computer knowledge
- Effective communication skills along with the ability to read, speak and understand both oral and written instructions
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.