Program Assistant -- Economic Development
Program Assistant – Economic Development
This position may be best suited for someone who:
- Works well in a professional work environment
- Brings accountability to work
- Driven to achieve goals consistently and efficiently
- Works through tasks thoroughly, leaving nothing to chance
• You will work with the Entrepreneur Development team members to ensure the smooth operation of the lending activity with microloan borrowers.
• You will report to the Senior Program Officer - Economic Development and work with him/her and others to maintain the loan database, prepare and issue reports, reports to funding agencies, NMF reporting and other required data transmission. Some duties will include but not be limited to: reporting to the Small Business Administration Microloan program, other loan funding sources, preparing loan documents, maintenance of borrower physical and digital loan files, preparation for the annual NMF audit and various program audits from other funding sources, maintenance of the Entrepreneur administrative manual and training staff on administrative processes.
• You will assist Entrepreneur team members with preparation of loan committee meetings, maintenance of the loan committee minutes book, intake and processing of loan inquiries to loan staff, assisting with and providing direct technical assistance to borrowers.
• You will work with the lending team and as requested by NMF accounting staff to prepare for the annual NMF audit, the annual required tax forms, such as the 1098 interest form and 1099-cancellation of debt form and annual job data as required for the annual McKnight report. You will gain proficiency with all of NMF’s software and complete requested tasks using various software programs. Some work could include: assisting with maintenance of NMF database records, including updating the customer-relationship management system.
• You are responsible for all other duties as assigned.
What success looks like:
• You support a culture of operational excellence in the organization through your example of professionalism, in your work quality and with your team members. You will be a person that is curious about the organization and seeks to know the breadth and depth of the organization in order to better serve those seeking answers. You will be a person who demonstrates a high level of initiative in finding the answers to questions in the manner that is the most efficient for the organization.
• You are a person that thrives in an office setting that is dynamic and busy. You manage multiple requests at once with efficiency, prioritization, clear communication, and accuracy. You seek to work with other staff in a team-first approach.
• You are a person with a very high attention to detail and will ensure that all information used for internal reports and released from the Foundation is accurate and free of errors.
• You are an individual with a strong aptitude for technology. You will seek to gain a Superuser status in the software programs assigned to you. You will support the software and technology needs of the Foundation with efficiency, prioritization, clear communication, and accuracy.
• The Northwest Minnesota Foundation is committed to growing a fair and equitable workplace that reflects the communities we serve. You are a person that will embrace opportunities to develop and grow in your skills to strengthen Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Foundation and for our region.
• DownHome loan software and loan program data management via various means.
• Assigned report preparation and assisting with reporting to loan funding sources.
• Maintenance of borrower loan files (digital and physical)
Will collaborate in:
• The operations of the entrepreneur development program and overall operations of the Northwest Minnesota Foundation.
• The efficient operation of the NMF enterprise software system and other.
• Two years related office or professional experience
• Associate Degree (A.A.) from two-year college or technical school or higher educational achievement.
• Prior experience in loan processing.
• Ability to prioritize work for multiple reporting deadlines.
• Proficiency in technology and/or cloud-based computer systems.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
• Organizational skills with an ability to focus on details.
• Ability to function in a team relationship.
Competitive, hourly salary will be set commensurate with experience.
The primary location for this position will be in Bemidji.
This position may require rare travel locally and regionally.
The Northwest Minnesota Foundation follows an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, pregnancy, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy applies to hiring, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, and terminations.
Northwest Minnesota Foundation, Bemidji MN
The Northwest Minnesota Foundation is one of the six Minnesota Initiative Foundations (MIFs) established by the McKnight Foundation in 1986 to assist Minnesota’s rural regions during the farm crisis in the 1980s. As the region’s MIF and the only community foundation in the region, NMF has been serving the vast nonprofit community in northwest Minnesota for more than 30 years.
NMF provides grants and loans to organizations and small businesses that have offices located within the 12-county region and the two tribal nations. Since its founding, NMF has invested millions to help make the region a better place to live and work.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and references to Diane Morey, email@example.com by August 1, 2021