The Dietitian assesses nutritional status, analyzes data, makes recommendations, and carries out physician orders. Develops the patient nutrition care plan, follows educational goals, and identifies patients at risk for drug/nutrient interaction. Communicates the patient's concerns/problems with caregivers. Investigates and evaluates current research and reviews nutritional status of patients under the care of the Dietetic Technician Essential Job Functions
License, Certification & Registration
- Performs and documents nutrition assessments, analyzes data and makes clinical recommendations and develops nutrition care plans. Assures that the plan is implemented by staff and reviews on an ongoing basis requesting additional data as warranted. Carries out physician orders.
- Functions as a resource/educator to patients and their caregivers to promote health and nutrition. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of trends in health and nutritional concerns. Serves as an educator to Altru Health System and/or the community/region regarding health and nutrition.
- Communicates the patient's concerns/problems with caregivers and provides follow-up services to patients, as needed.
- Identifies patients at risk for drug/nutrient interaction and provides patient education as appropriate.
- Provides individual and/or group instruction, modifying educational approach to meet special needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
- Demonstrates understanding and follows infection control policies and procedures according to standard operating procedure.
- Maintains requirements for age specific competencies for the position and demonstrates the knowledge or principles of growth and developments and the skills necessary to provide patient/customer care/services.
Education & Experience
- Dietitian, North Dakota Board of Dietetic Practice (NDBODP)-Prior to Start Date
- Registered Dietitian, Commission on Dietetic Registration-Prior to Start Date
- Driver's License with Acceptable Driving Record: Drivers License - Current State Licensed - Prior to Start Date
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in written format.