Eventide on Eighth Care Center is currently seeking LPN or RN's to work Full Time 36 hours per pay period. 12 hour Day (7:00a - 7:30p) and Night (7:00p - 7:30a) shift rotations available with every third weekend and holiday rotation.
The Charge Nurse provides and ensures that the highest degree of nursing care is provided in accordance with the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations as well as the philosophy, policies and procedures of Eventide.Ideal Candidate
Essential Job Duties
- Must have an active MN LPN or RN license or be able to obtain upon hire
- Experience in Long Term Care preferred, but not required
- Assesses residents’ needs and health status through physical assessments, observations, and interviews on continuing basis.
- Provides individual attention, which encourages each resident’s ability to maintain or attain the highest physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being.
- Observes and follows the residents’ plans of care. Updates and makes appropriate changes in plans of care whenever necessary. Plans of care include interdisciplinary care plans, physician orders and C.N.A/NA-R care plans.
- Administers medications and treatments and monitors both for effectiveness.
- Provides direct nursing care to residents whenever necessary and according to established nursing policies, procedures, and standards.
- Complies with rules and regulations as set forth by the Minnesota or North Dakota Department of Health and the Center for Medicare/Medicaid services.
- Provides accurate documentation in the residents’ electronic medical record according to established nursing policies, procedures, and standards.
- Assists in orientation/training of new team members.
- Reports resident needs, problems, and observations regarding residents’ condition(s) to the Charge Nurse and/or attending physician.
- Ensures adequate staffing levels for a scheduled shift and corrects inadequate staffing appropriately.
- Monitors the activities and functions of subordinate staff, which may include participating in the disciplinary process.
- Ensures that work responsibilities of subordinate staff are completed thoroughly and accurately within scheduled shifts and according to established resident care policies, procedures, and standards.
- Provides information, education, and support for assigned residents and their families.
- Communicates the needs of residents to resident care staff in the unit, as appropriate.
- Interacts with physicians and other health care facilities as needed, according the needs of the residents.
- Continually updates nursing skills and knowledge by attending in-services, continuing education programs and staff meetings.
- Coordinates and participates in resident care conferences and communicates information effectively to families.
- Assumes responsibility for promptly reporting any incidents or evidence of abuse, neglect, or violation of residents’ rights per policy.
- Must be accountable to manage electronic timecard on a daily basis.
- In accordance with the team philosophy and Eventide’s commitment for all staff to provide quality resident care, the person filling this position may be occasionally required to carry out or assist with other tasks in addition to the duties listed on this job description.