$26.62 - $30.77 hourly
Perform general police work in the protection of life and property, including conducting investigations, responding to emergencies, and conducting public education programs. QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
- Must be eligible for certification under the South Dakota Law Enforcement Officers Standards and Training Commission.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age at the time of interview, and no greater than 44 years of age at the time of interview.
- Associate's degree or at least 60 semester hours of college credits from an accredited institution; or two years of certified law enforcement experience; or two years of military experience; or any such combination of education, experience, and training as may be acceptable to the hiring authority.
- Has not unlawfully used any prescribed drug, controlled substance, or marijuana within one year before the time of application for certification.
- Must have no convictions of any crime by any state or federal government punishable by imprisonment in a federal or state penitentiary.
- Must possess or be able to obtain prior to hire a valid driver's license.
- Must have vision correctable to at least 20/40 in each eye. Must recognize and distinguish among the colors of traffic control signals and devices showing standard red, green, and amber.
- Must have hearing in which able to hear forced whispered voice in the better ear at not less than 5 feet with or without the use of a hearing aid, or does not have an average hearing loss in the better ear greater than 40 decibels at 500, 1,000, and 2,000 Hz with or without a hearing aid.
- Applicant must pass all phases of the hiring process designated by the Rules of Civil Service Board.
ABOUT THE CITY
The City of Sioux Falls is a thriving metropolitan area located at the crossroads of Interstates 29 and 90 in southeastern South Dakota. The City has an estimated population of 195,000.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
The City of Sioux Falls does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, creed, ancestry, pregnancy, age, genetic information or disability in employment or the provision of services.