SUMMARY: Responsible for selling multimedia advertising on behalf of Forum Communications and Agweek brands across Minnesota and Iowa.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare monthly and quarterly sales strategies detailing new business development plans, prospecting targets, as well as activities needed to achieve sales goals.
- Responsible for selling multimedia advertising on behalf of Forum Communications and Agweek brands.
- Complete thorough needs analysis for every client and makes clear connections between customer needs and product(s) offered, as well as lend expertise with the creative development of the campaign.
- Include all appropriate products (print, digital, broadcast) in recommended solutions
- Demonstrate ability to prepare and deliver customized presentations and maintain an acceptable presentation closing ratio.
- Provide market data, industry research, spec campaigns, and solutions for customers and prospects.
- Meet revenue goals and maintain an acceptable closing ratio
- Responsible for networking, representing at local events, planning and facilitating client presentations.
- Attend local, regional and/or national agriculture tradeshows with overnight travel
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two years sales experience and/or a combination of education & relevant work experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY:
- Excellent communication and technological skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Time management skills while working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Knowledge of and experience with digital marketing, digital products, sales in the digital landscape.
- Able to collaborate, organize and carry out detailed processes and projects.
- Highly motivated and organized.
- Must be customer-centric and sales-driven.
- Agriculture experience and/or knowledge a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is insurable by the company.
- Must carry an acceptable level of vehicle insurance as required by the company.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, use hands to fingers, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance and stoop.
- Occasionally required to lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
- Required to use close, distance, color, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
- Works in both office setting and outside being exposed to the elements.
We are committed to providing equal opportunity to individuals with disabilities who are qualified. We will provide reasonable accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities who are qualified, unless doing so would cause undue hardship. A written request must be given to the Human Resources Director.
Come for the perks: Excellent employee culture, competitive pay, 401(k), company-paid volunteer time, health and wellness initiatives for all employees. Additional perks for full-time positions include: comprehensive benefits package, generous paid time off, paid holidays and paid time off for birthday, paid parental and pregnancy disability leave for qualifying employees.
Stay for the people: Family-owned and operated since 1917, development and growth opportunities, inclusive, creative culture, safe working environment, employees of all ages and backgrounds, positive collaboration.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.