Job Location: Minneapolis - Minneapolis, MN
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: Negligible
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Research
By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
Bio-Techne is currently seeking to fill the role of an Advanced Research Associate - Cell Culture to expand our genome engineering team. The Advanced Research Associate is a laboratory position with responsibility to ensure that custom projects are delivered on time and within spec. Applicants must have experience in molecular and cellular biology with an emphasis on culturing mammalian cell lines. The Advanced Research Associate will work under the direction of the GES-FFS Supervisor.
Primary responsibilities will include:
* Culture transformed cell lines, primary cells and induced pluripotent stem cells and/or human embryonic stem cells.
* Perform genome editing techniques on custom cell lines to deliver client's end products.
* Troubleshooting transfection/electroporation/transduction techniques.
* Demonstrate expertise in characterization assays, which may include PCR, qPCR, flow cytometry, cell sorting, and western blots.
* Perform experiments and assays that are to spec.
* Create and edit documents including product datasheets and SOPs
* Read, analyze, and interpret standard scientific journals. Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Communicate with customers and lab members from onboarding projects, bi-weekly updates, creating data sheets/batch records for delivery of the final product.
* Lead projects to completion within the quoted timeline.
* Demonstrates EPIC values in daily work.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree required, preferred in molecular biology, cell biology or related biological fields.
* Preferred Masters with 0 to 2 years of related academic or industrial experience in cell biology/molecular biology or bachelor's degree with 4+ years of relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Demonstrated experience with culturing and expansion of cell lines including but not limited to transformed cells, primary cells, human mesenchymal stem cells, mouse embryonic stem cells, human pluripotent stem cells or equivalent.
* Demonstrate proficiency in gene editing techniques such as CRISPR.
* Must be organized with strong oral and written communication skills in English.
* Work successfully both independently and in a collaborative environment.
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Problem-solving skills.
* Time management skills.
* Effective team coordination and communication skills.
* Experience with Microsoft Project or equivalent as well as standard Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
Experience welcomed but not necessary:
* Experience using Smartsheets a plus.