If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Our audit and finance professionals at Optum are engaged in the important work of making health care more affordable, simpler and easier for people to access. And you can join us in achieving these goals as an Internal Audit Manager. You will collaborate with an elite team of accounting and finance professionals who are writing the history of our organization and guiding our success as a global industry leader. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else while you do your life's best work.(sm)
This position is responsible for managing internal and external audit and risk management consulting activity within designated specialty areas for the company. Responsible for leading the performance of the financial, business process and information systems audits and special projects to assess the existence, effectiveness and efficiency of the business controls, financial information, and compliance with laws and regulations.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead external SOC and Management Assertion audits
- Provide staff with professional and technical expertise and guidance to ensure that audit objectives and scope are satisfied. This includes assisting US and Globally-based staff members in the development and negotiation of audit recommendations and responses, evaluating the audit performance of the team, and providing guidance regarding department and company policies and procedures
- Create, review, and approve pertinent audit documentation, and communicate audit results. Workpapers should comply with department and IIA standards for content and quality
- Perform internal audits including audit planning, detailed audit procedures and related testing and reporting in accordance with professional and departmental standards - including financial (Sarbanes-Oxley testing) and operational
- Lead annual risk assessment processes and ensure that audit plan covers higher risk areas
- Lead/Participate on special projects undertaken by the department and/or the Company
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or related discipline
- 4+ years of relevant business experience, including internal audit or public accounting experience
- Solid understanding of auditing concepts and how to apply them
- Experience utilizing solid interpersonal communication and ability to work within matrixed organization
- Experience utilizing solid oral and written communication skills (verbal & written) and analytical skills
- Experience and ability to manage multiple tasks and shift priorities, with the desire to make a positive impact
- Internal audit or public accounting experience
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with internal controls over financial reporting (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley, MAR, SOC)
- Posess a thorough understanding of risk and internal control concepts and their practical application
- Health care or related experience
- Provider revenue cycle or payer claims experience
- Relevant assurance certification (CPA, CIA or CISA)
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Internal Audit Manager, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home