Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Compliance Consultant ensures Optum Pharmacies function legally and ethically while meeting their business goals. This position primarily supports and proactively collaborates with various teams & departments across the pharmacy business for continuous compliance readiness efforts. The focus is to promote a culture of compliance, efficiency, improvement, and adherence to Optum standards while balancing the business' needs with regulatory compliance.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborate with Compliance Director & Associate Directors to coordinate, manage, & drive compliance projects & initiatives
- Review, monitor and report on pharmacy oversight activities as performed by others, monitor progress of corrective action plans and resolution activities
- Evaluate and resolve compliance concerns internally discovered / raised regarding pharmacy operations. Includes meeting DEA, Board of Pharmacy, FDA and other regulatory requirements
- Establish and execute compliance oversight of pharmacy operations and related sales activities. Create reports and metrics and collaborate with pharmacy leadership on expected performance and remediation when standards are not met
- Assist in the evaluation of Board of Pharmacy and other regulator complaints / inquiries received to ensure response occurs timely and addressing underlying concerns. Evaluate trends across all pharmacies and develop formal correcting actions as needed more broadly to prevent future similar occurrences
- Collaborate with various teams & individuals across the pharmacy space in the planning of a systematic approach to continuous regulatory readiness
- Act as an advisor for Compliance issues that require coordination and collaboration with other departments
- Act as a compliance expert for Compliance Investigators as requested by the Director of Compliance
- Perform follow-up to assist the business in completing Corrective Action Plans and ensure remediations are complete
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Code of Conduct by evaluating, recommending the initiation of, or acting as a compliance consultant
- Assist in designing metrics that assist in ensuring the business's nursing compliance priorities and monitor for ongoing compliance
- Analyze results and trend of monitoring processes and audits to identify potential risks and communicate with the Director of Compliance & business leaders as needed
- Analyze data from internal and external audits, reports metrics, monitors trends to create follow-up and pro-active risk mitigation
- Assist in the oversight of monitoring and auditing of pharmacy sites
- Collaborate with teams & individuals to create and manage effective action plans and remediations in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations
- Demonstrate knowledge of the pharmacy / manufacturing industry and associated processes and procedures
- Monitor laws, rules and regulations, industry trends, & best practices
- Collaborate with Optum Compliance Data team to develop critical audits or metrics to evaluate and measure risk areas for OIP
- Collaborate with other Optum Corporate Services groups and functions such as, but not limited to Legal, Quality, Pharmacy Practice, and Accreditation
- Provide Compliance services to the business at the request of the Director of Compliance
- Prepare various reports and presentations regarding compliance, including recommendations for improvement based on audit and investigative findings, legal and regulatory updates at the request of the Director of Compliance or Compliance leadership
You may have worked in compliance already. But that's not like operating on a global scale. The stakes are high and the changes breathtaking. You will be challenged with thinking strategically as you implement effective compliance programs. You will also be responsible for monitoring internal and external regulatory, client, and internal audits. And you will be expected to solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience working in a regulatory or compliance role, familiarity with compliance programs and processes
- Experience communicating complex information via phone conversations and emails to non-technical clients, external customers, internal customers and executives
- Experience interacting & collaborating with a variety of stakeholders (other team members, internal customers, and executives)
- Intermediate or better proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Pharmacy Tech background
- Experience working in a pharmacy practice and / or pharmacy operations position
- Experience with vendor oversight or management
- Experience working with Medicaid and Medicare
- Experience with IRIS and RxClaim
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Compliance Consultant, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote