Job you will doTypical Day in the Life
A typical day as a Virtual Audit Manager in the Government Industry might include the following:
Who You Are
- Work with teams in our offices to provide auditing services to our government clients. As the manager, your role would include:
- Supporting the in-charge with project management, team management and client management;
- Reviewing the work of the team;
- Reviewing the draft of the financial statements;
- Preparing the binder for partner review.
- Mentoring and supervising our teams.
- Leading strategy meetings with clients, closely working with partners and members of the management team.
- Work with the partners in our Western offices to identify clients with which to build a trusted advisor relationship with an end goal of taking over as partner on that engagement.
- Research government standards and trends to bring consulting advice to our audit teams, clients and prospects.
- Assist with the training of new or less experienced staff members.
- Network, build relationships and attract new government clients to the Firm with the main focus on the State of Washington.
- Work with our Government Advisory Services practice to build a practice. Attend training seminars, professional development and networking events.
- You are inquisitive and enjoy learning about various client processes.
- You enjoy working as part of a team.
- You have a passion for business development and know how to build relationships that turn into opportunities for the Firm and the Government Industry.
- You know how to create target lists and can work with marketing on the best methods of outreach to this target list.
- You can work efficiently and independently in the virtual environment and can communicate effectively with team members and clients in a virtual environment.
- You like developing others and providing constructive feedback to other team members.
- You are a multi-tasking master, and there has never been a deadline you could not meet.
- You have an in-depth knowledge of the government industry and government GAAP.
- You hold yourself to the highest professional standards and maintain strict client confidentiality.
- In addition to all of this, you have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, have an active CPA license and have 5+ years of experience in public accounting/audit.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future. What to Expect Next
We'll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone interview with you to learn more about your career interests and goals. In the meantime, we encourage you to check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or our About Us page.
#LI-SP1About the teamWho We Are
Eide Bailly is one of the top 25 CPA and business advisory firms in the nation. We have over 40 offices in 14 states across the Midwest and western United States and offer our staff and Partners the opportunity to serve a variety of industries. Founded in 1917, our culture is the foundation of who we are, and we pride ourselves on supporting our employees to help them achieve their goals and pursue their interests both in the office and at home. At Eide Bailly we are passionate about the clients we serve, the work we do, and most importantly, having fun while we do it! Why You'll Love Working Here
At Eide Bailly we believe respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress. Our culture focuses on collaboration to achieve career growth. Innovation is highly encouraged, which is where programs like our EB Xchange originate. This program allows interested tax and audit employees to complete a rotation into a specialty area. We promote happy employees by making work/life balance a priority along with being actively involved in our communities. Our dedication to service can be seen through the Firm's decision to match charitable donations made by employees, as well as providing opportunities to volunteer throughout the year. Most importantly, we like to have fun! We offer a professional and fun work environment with frequent lunch and learns, socials, contests, outings and other events.