- To directly oversee and participate in the maintenance of all facilities and grounds owned and operated by the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Red River Valley, ensuring facility upkeep, general maintenance and repairs.
- To manage, maintain and ensure the proper and safe operation of all vehicles owned by the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Red River Valley.
- Schedule and supervise staff involved in facility maintenance and transportation.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Maintains facilities (e.g. classrooms, offices, restrooms, multipurpose rooms, carpets, windows, walls, restrooms, kitchen, etc.) for the purpose of operating a sanitary, safe, and attractive environment.
- Maintains supplies and equipment (e.g. cleaning solutions, paper products, vacuum, mops, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of items required to properly stock facilities; including school locations.
- Prepares facility for daily operations as may be required (e.g. sweep/shovel/remove snow and sidewalks, building access doors, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring facilities are operational and safe for occupancy.
- Repairs furniture and equipment as may be required (e.g. light bulbs, switches, unclogging drains, sinks, toilets, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that items are available and in safe working conditions.
- Inspects building for the purpose of ensuring that the site is suitable for safe operations, maintained in an attractive and clean condition, and/or identifying necessary repairs due to vandalism, equipment breakage, weather conditions, etc.
- Distributes supplies and equipment (e.g. fill soap dispensers, towel/toilet paper dispensers, packages, furniture, snack) to appropriate parties.
- Oversee and ensure the maintenance of vehicles, facilities, and grounds, addressing all repair and maintenance issues both routine and unforeseen.
- Monitor facility and vehicle contracts (snow/lawn, HVAC).
- Submit requisition lists for materials and supplies needed to regularly maintain property and vehicles; prepare budget items annually.
- Hire and supervise bus drivers, ensuring drivers are properly trained, licensed, and insured.
- Maintain all DOT related paperwork, systems, etc.
- Collaborate with Program Directors to schedule all transportation routes for site transfers and activities.
- Inspects vehicles for the purpose of ensuring safe operations and DOT compliance.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Bus Drivers
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Have or be willing to obtain valid Class B commercial driver’s license with Passenger Bus endorsement and clean driving record required. Experience working with children preferred.
Other Qualifications: Must pass a Department of Transportation physical exam prior to employment and annually thereafter. Random drug/alcohol testing of transportation employees performed periodically. Must pass fingerprint-based criminal background check.
Language Skills: Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to work effectively with individuals who possess varying levels of ability. Ability to maintain composure under stressful conditions. Ability to develop effective working relationships with students, staff and the school community. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Ability to perform duties with awareness of organizational requirements and Board of Director’s policies. Understanding of confidentiality and commitment to abide by confidentiality regulations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision. The employee needs to be able to discern where a sound is coming from and hear in a noisy environment. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move furnishings/equipment.
Have or be willing to obtain First Aid/CPR/AED Certification
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with bus drivers, Program Coordinators, and Directors to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel.
Click on "Apply" to send via email
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
BGCRRV is an Equal Opportunity Employer