: Food ServiceReports To:
Assistant Manager of the Dining HallFLSA
: Non-ExemptThis position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by
, preparing and producing food to specifications; ensure consistent product quality and meet daily production needs.Essential Functions
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, And SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ensure ingredients and final products are fresh.
- Prepare and cook related menu items that may require short preparation time.
- Prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and corporate standards, guidelines, and regulations to ensure high-quality food.
- Maintain food safety and sanitation standards.
- Follow recipes, including measuring, weighing and mixing ingredients.
- Bake, grill, steam, and boil meats, vegetables, fish, poultry, and other foods.
- Present, garnish, and arrange final dishes.
- Occasionally serve food.
- Assists with receipt of deliveries.
- Read food order or receive verbal instructions on food required by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Prepares foods under direct supervision or instruction by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting, and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use.
- Maintain a clean, sanitized, and safe work station (including utensils, equipment, and dishes) following all Marian University and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Completes cleaning according to daily and weekly schedules and dishwashing/pot washing as needed.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all HACCP policies and procedures.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training, and hazard assessments.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Assists with orienting new employees to their work area.
- Ensure that all regulations and standards of health and safety are met at all times, and that the kitchen remains hygienic.
- Informs supervisor immediately of any equipment malfunctions or breaks down or if any safety or sanitation hazards are suspected or exist.
- Assists in training new employees, as requested by supervisor.
- Attends department meetings and in-service programs, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
- High school diploma with at least 1-2 years of experience.
- Ability to interact professionally with coworkers and customers, particularly in conflict situations.
- Ability to interact politely and resolve customer service issues.
- Ability to multitask, meet specific deadlines, and prioritize tasks and assignments.
- Skills in basic math computations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and decisions in an expeditious manner.
- Skilled at setting a good example for others.
- Ability to concentrate and focus in a noisy environment.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of Marian University.
Application directions can be found on Marian University's Job Opportunity web page.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/DisabledTransforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years
Salary: $12 - $13 Annual