Join the leader in underground pipeline construction and get yourself a solid career with solid pay!
Take the first step on your path to career advancement.
Join Us - We've got work for the next 100 years!
As a Gas Pipeline Welder, you will fabricate and assemble steel natural gas pipelines for residential and commercial customers ensuring the safety of peers and the community.Perks
- Join the Largest Natural Gas Distribution Contractor in the United States
- Weekly Payroll
- Paid, on-the-job training for technical skills
- Employee Assistance program benefit
- Health Insurance Plan benefit
- Retirement Plan benefit
Education, Skills, Experience Needed
- Fabricate and install steel natural gas main lines and services
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipelines
- Manage and maintain welding equipment, supplies and material
- Repair, restore and install gas pressure regulators and devices
- Modify, clean, and maintain pipe systems, units, and fittings
- Maintain all industry required Operator Qualifications
- Perform other responsibilities as requested by leadership
- Prior experience welding in gas utility industry
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Commitment to doing quality work while putting safety first
- Skill to operate equipment in close proximity to workers and underground utilities
- Work sites are outdoors in potentially extreme weather conditions
- All worksite safety instructions are written and spoken in English; must be fluent in English
- Work includes prolonged and repeated: lifting (including overhead, up to 50lbs); standing; climbing; kneeling; reaching and feeling; crouching and crawling
- Work is performed within the "red zone" of heavy equipment
- Working safely requires quick/accurate hand-eye coordination and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Provide valid US work authorization documents for E-Verify
- Valid driver's license with no more than 3 moving violations and no DUIs within a two year rolling period
- Pre-employment medical fit-for-duty test; hold/obtain DOT medical card
- Join and maintain Union membership
- With the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities we serve in mind, all candidates who receive an offer of employment will be required to complete a COVID-19 risk assessment; your responses will help us determine an employment start date
This job description is subject to change at any time. It reflects management's assignment of essential functions, and does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Centuri and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Centuri will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.
Centuri is a Department of Transportation regulated employer. Certain safety-sensitive positions are covered under the DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing Regulations, 49 CFR Part 40. It is important to note that marijuana remains a drug listed in Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act. It remains unacceptable for any safety-sensitive employee subject to drug testing under the company's Drug Free Workplace Policy to use or test positive for marijuana.