US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Relocation assistance may be available
CLEARANCE TYPE: Secret
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the Time
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Principal Engineer for our location in Plymouth, MN.
* Generates electrical schematics using ECAD tools.
* Leads electrical design projects for use in state of the art weapon systems..
* Develops specifications for and performs selection of components for use in electrical circuits for military applications.
* Performs research, design, and development in such areas as power conditioning electronics, analog circuit design, digital circuit design, FPGA/ASIC design and verification, and other general electrical engineering design functions.
* Applies research to the planning, design, development, simulation and testing of electrical circuits for use in military applications.
* Possess strong interpersonal skills to work effectively within a product development team to understand system level interdependencies that impact circuit requirements and design constraints.
* Utilizes electrical simulation tools for circuit performance prediction in aid of circuit development.
* Provides input and direction to ECAD designers in the layout of printed wiring boards.
* Solid lab skills in the testing and debugging of electronic circuit card assemblies and systems.
* Strong analytical skills and the ability to organize and prioritize job assignments and tasks.
* An active learner of new design techniques and technologies.
* 5 years of experience with a BS degree or 3 years of experience with a MS degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college with professional experience in the design, build, and validation of electrical circuits.
* Experience creating and modeling electrical schematics, evaluating design robustness by simulation and/or lab testing. Experience with Mentor Graphics design tools or similar ECAD tools.
* Ability to evaluate and select components that meet the applicable requirements.
* Position may require occasional travel to meet with various customers, in both government and industry, and to interface with suppliers.
* Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
* Experience in developing high reliability electronics to meet military environments such as extreme temperature conditions, high G shock loads, vibration, and extended storage times.
* Familiarity with high reliability design for military applications
Salary Range: $87,800.00 - $131,600.00
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.