!! $1,000 BONUS AVAILABLE!!
Full time, benefited position working typically 72-80 hours per two week pay period. Hours of work are 9:00am - 9:30pm Monday thru Saturday., working everyother Friday / Saturday and working every other Holiday.
Must have CNA or eligible for the ND Nurse Aide Registry.
Provides nursing related tasks and functions under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in charge of the team and/or unit. Assists patients with activities of daily living. Provides a safe, sanitary, orderly, and attractive environment for patients, hospital employees, and visitors.
- Provides personal hygiene measures for patients of all ages that may include bed bath, oral hygiene, combing hair, back care, and dressing patient. Performance of nursing tasks shall consider the age and development of the patient.
- Provides clean patient environment by changing bed linen, cleaning overbed table and bedside stand, straightening room, and other related tasks as needed.
- Provides general nursing care such as positioning patients; lifting and turning patients; applying/utilizing special equipment; assisting in use of bedpan, urinal or commode; ambulating the patient; pre operative and post operative care; and application of abdominal binders or anti embolism stockings.
- Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, weight, height, blood pressure and intake-output measurements.
- Prepares patients for meals, serves and removes food trays, and assists with feeding patients. Distributes drinking water and other nourishments to patients.
- Performs routine treatment procedures including enemas, application of appliances for heat and cold, and sitz baths.
- Answers patient call lights, anticipates patients' needs, and makes rounds to assigned patients.
- Assists patients with handling and care of clothing and other personal property (including dentures, glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, and prosthetic devices) throughout their hospital stay.
- Performs general care activities for patients in isolation.
- Assists in preparation of units, patient rooms, and beds for receiving patient admissions, returning surgical patients, transfers, emergencies or discharges.
- Completes daily activities for Swingbed patients as identified in the care plan and when requested by Nursing Unit Supervisor.
- Provides post-mortem care and assists in transporting bodies to the morgue.
- Transports patients to and from various departments as requested.
- Collects and transports specimens to the appropriate departments.
- Collects linen and disposes of trash to designated areas.
- Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships with patients, visitors and other hospital personnel, while assuring confidentiality of patient information.
- Attends inservice education programs, as assigned, to learn new treatments, procedures, developmental skills, etc.
- Provide activities for swingbed patients and completes patient interest surveys.
- Cleans and makes up units of discharged or transferred patient as needed.
- Cleans work area and equipment at the end of the shift.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Work requires a high school level of knowledge. Must be certified as a Nurse Aide or have completed course work in a nursing or vocational program to satisfy requirements for placement on the ND Department of Health Nurse Assistant Registry. Must be able to follow oral or written orders.
Previous work experience preferred but not required. Preference for a minimum of six months experience as a nursing aide in acute care or long-term care health facility.