Location Name: Killdeer, ND
Job/Requisition ID: 65642
Location Address: 511 NE High Street, Killdeer, ND, United States (US), 58640
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Relevant Experience Level: Entry Level (1-3 Years)
Driver's License Required: Yes
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Hourly Non-Exempt
Shift: 12-hour Shift
Starting Pay Rate: $27.38-$28.55
Home daily - Full time position
* Eligible for 4.5% quarterly safety bonuses
* Eligible for company sponsored annual bonus
* 401k with company match up to 7%
* Company funded pension plan up to 11%
* Total compensation package up to $94,000 - $98,000
* Paid vacation, sick and holidays
* Paid parental leave
* Education reimbursement
* Health/Dental/Vision coverage available day 1!
* Full details at
Marathon Petroleum Company LP (MPC) has a position available for a professional crude oil transport driver in Killdeer, ND. Our drivers are responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of crude oil from drilling wells to oil lacts/pipeline stations. Transport drivers independently follow specified policies, procedures and standards, under the general supervision of local fleet management.
* Perform pre-trip inspection on equipment in alignment with MPC policy and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Check tank truck/trailer or tractor/trailer for general operating requirements and make sure that all required equipment is available and in good operating condition. Note inspection and deficiencies on the pre-trip inspection form.
* Drive a tank truck/trailer or tractor/trailer to transport product in a safe, efficient, and professional manner. Obey all applicable federal, state and local laws. Follow MPC and site specific standard operating procedures for the loading and offloading process.
* Perform post-trip inspection on equipment in alignment with MPC policy and DOT regulations. Complete all regulatory and customary paperwork. Ensure equipment is ready for the next shift.
* Communicate all incidents, including safety and environmental concerns, according to company procedures.
* Report all equipment issues in a timely manner.
* Follow, maintain and adhere to all safety rules and operating procedures, including all DOT regulations.
* Current Class A Commercial Driver's License with the following endorsements:
* Hazardous Materials
* Tank Vehicle
* Double/Triple Trailers
* License - Restrictions
* Operate manual and automatic transmission
* Must be able to drive interstate.
* Must maintain a satisfactory driving record and provide consent to company for review of driving record(s).
* Must register with FMCSA Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and provide consent to company for review of clearinghouse records.
* Must pass required drug and alcohol screening(s).
* Must complete DOT physical and maintain current medical card.
* Must pass three-year DOT safety background check and seven-year criminal background check.
* Must pass pre-trip exam and road test to demonstrate proficiency operating required equipment.
* Must be able to work up to a 12-hour AM/PM shift.
* Must be able to work hours beyond schedule.
* One year of commercial driving experience preferred. Crude oil/fuel hauling experience is strongly preferred, but all relevant experience will be considered.
Physical Requirements Include:
* Must be able to work outside in all types of weather conditions.
* Must be able to work on elevated spaces: 30+ feet on graded elevation.
* Must be able to frequently lift, carry, push, and/or pull 50-65 lbs.
* Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
* Must be able to grip a steering wheel for extended periods of time.
* Competitive compensation includes:
* Company sponsored bonus plan
* 401(k) plan with Company match
* Company funded pension plan
* Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
* Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
* Group Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, and Long-Term Disability
For a full list of benefits offered, please visit
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation's largest refining system. MPC's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at . Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.